Full Traction BB? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Full Traction BB?

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-14-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
GroceryGetter01
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Full Traction BB?

Has anyone out there used this BB? I'm looking to go with BB in the next month or so and came across this one. I searched and could'nt come up with anything on it.

Yellow Jeep Club Member #802
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post
Load up all the recovery gear!!!!
We're goin' to the "MALL"

-Jason
GroceryGetter01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2009, 02:56 PM   #2
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

The review tab is a good place to start.Search around it. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/forum...2&thecount=184
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
GroceryGetter01
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I did. I didnt see a review for there 2inch bb kit though. Maybe I'm blind
Quote:

-Jason
Unread 05-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #4
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry about that.Just to let ya know about all BB are the same.Just spacers.Your not intersted in lifting with springs?You can get some pretty cheap 2.5" lifts through RC?
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2009, 03:09 PM   #5
GroceryGetter01
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLENJEEPTJ View Post
Sorry about that.Just to let ya know about all BB are the same.Just spacers.
Thats ok. I was just wondering about the shocks it came with mostly. I wanted to go with the RE BB but I have been reading and it seems alot of people don't like the twintubes it comes with. I know I could get the monotubes but thats not an option due to tight finds. I saw the 2.5 through RC. I actually called and spoke to Jeff today at RC and spoke to him about it. I'm just not sure if I need a full spring lift tho since I don't do much wheeling.More or less just a camp run and a little playing in the mud at times.
Quote:

-Jason
Unread 05-14-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
theposman
2006 LJ Wrangler 

FYI - Use caution when recommending the RC 2.5 TJ Lift

I have the lift installed on my '06 Rubi Unlimited and it is bottomed out on the shocks in the rear - the springs are just not stout enough. I have Body Armor bumpers, sliders, an Olympic Daves Rack, a hi-lift jack, and two empty gas cans (all told less than 500 lbs added) and this is with no hard top on and a 1/2 tank of gas, no passengers and no cargo. I don't think I have an excessive amount of accessories..... I have been in contact with several others that are having the same issue. I have been in contact with RC to hopefully resolve the issue - and they are working on getting me out some H.D. coils.

My point is - if you have a non-stock jeep with extra gear bolted on - this may be an issue - better to know now than after you spent 4 or 5 hours installing it.
theposman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2009, 03:49 PM   #7
Noxian
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theposman View Post
I have the lift installed on my '06 Rubi Unlimited and it is bottomed out on the shocks in the rear - the springs are just not stout enough. I have Body Armor bumpers, sliders, an Olympic Daves Rack, a hi-lift jack, and two empty gas cans (all told less than 500 lbs added) and this is with no hard top on and a 1/2 tank of gas, no passengers and no cargo. I don't think I have an excessive amount of accessories..... I have been in contact with several others that are having the same issue. I have been in contact with RC to hopefully resolve the issue - and they are working on getting me out some H.D. coils.

My point is - if you have a non-stock jeep with extra gear bolted on - this may be an issue - better to know now than after you spent 4 or 5 hours installing it.
You almost need your own thread, I just installed the 3.25 lift and plan on adding all of the above in the not to distant future. Keep us posted.
Noxian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2009, 05:23 PM   #8
GroceryGetter01
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theposman View Post

I'm assuming your talking about the RC 2.5?
Quote:

-Jason
Unread 12-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #9
theposman
2006 LJ Wrangler 

RC 2.5 Shock Fail

Yes - the RC 2.5 kit. I's been awhile since I've checked in. Rough Country never did send any HD coils and I just finished removing the 2.5 shocks - the left side failed and was bottomed out on the rubber bumper and the right side attachment bar failed at the top.

I am of the opinion that these springs are too soft for my setup and thereby require a very heavy duty set of shocks to compensate - which the 2.5 shocks are obviously not.

I've gone back to the stockers for now......
p1040641.jpg  
theposman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.