Full Traction 6" Long Arm Kit Write-Up - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Full Traction 6" Long Arm Kit Write-Up

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-17-2006, 12:55 AM   #1
wayoflife

Full Traction 6" Long Arm Kit Write-Up

i know this has been a long time coming but believe it or not, at 3 pages and 180 steps, this was one of the longest write-ups i have done to date. anyway, for those of you who have been asking for it, here it is...

>> FULL TRACTION 6" LONG ARM KIT WRITE-UP

eddie

wayoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2006, 01:04 AM   #2
azcoyote

NOw that is one hell of a writeup!!
Great work!!

Are you planning to move up to 37s?

Cheers,
Unread 05-17-2006, 01:58 AM   #3
Expat
Frequent flyer

Great write up as usual, but why so much lift for 35s? Are you planning on larger tires?
3.5" RE springs, JKS F&R adj track bars, JKS adj CAs (all 8), OME LT shocks, JKS quicker discos, JKS 1.25" BL, MORE BP MML, 35" Cooper SSTs on 057 Eagle Alloys, 4.56s Detroit lockers, Alloy USA front and rear axles, Currie HD steering, 52" Hanson front bumper, Warn 9.5ti with in-cab control, Kilby steering box skid, Jeeperman rear bumper/tire carrier, Jeeperman trail skidz, 33 Eng TT, JB SSSYE, TW driveshaft, and lots more........
2007 WK Overland Steel Blue..wifes
1997 ZJ Laredo...sons
2004 GMC 2500 HD Duramax Diesel..My TV and DD and Lance camper carrier
2003 Chaparral 223 deck boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjp98TJ
drop the purse, and hit it.
Expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2006, 08:02 AM   #4
wayoflife

thanks guys i'd like to move up to 37's some day but i just bought my 35's a couple of months ago and will most likely have to stick with them for a while.
Unread 05-17-2006, 08:05 AM   #5
Expat
Frequent flyer

Maybe you can slide you in some Dana 60s in the mean time
3.5" RE springs, JKS F&R adj track bars, JKS adj CAs (all 8), OME LT shocks, JKS quicker discos, JKS 1.25" BL, MORE BP MML, 35" Cooper SSTs on 057 Eagle Alloys, 4.56s Detroit lockers, Alloy USA front and rear axles, Currie HD steering, 52" Hanson front bumper, Warn 9.5ti with in-cab control, Kilby steering box skid, Jeeperman rear bumper/tire carrier, Jeeperman trail skidz, 33 Eng TT, JB SSSYE, TW driveshaft, and lots more........
1997 ZJ Laredo...sons
Quote:
Unread 05-17-2006, 12:36 PM   #6
wayoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by #20 Home Depot
Maybe you can slide you in some Dana 60s in the mean time
believe me, i'd love to but first i gotta find me a tree that grows cash
Unread 05-17-2006, 05:54 PM   #7
Expat
Frequent flyer

I'll let you know as soon as I find it and pick my basket full
1997 ZJ Laredo...sons
Quote:
Unread 05-17-2006, 07:01 PM   #8
JeepCreepn01

good write up, just wondering if any of the bolts that hold the transfer case skid stripped the little inserts out on the support brackets, i had to beat all of them out of mine cause 3 stripped when i had to take the skid plate off a week later
JeepCreepn01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2006, 09:09 PM   #9
mctonyb

I've been checking your page frequently to see when the write-up was done, read the whole thing today. Like your other write-up's, very well done.

That kit looks very complete, and I really like the skid and all the brackets and hardware look very strong. After seeing your pics testing it at MOAB, it looks like it works well too.
Unread 05-18-2006, 12:03 AM   #10
HTOR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Finally! ive been waiting to read this ever since i saw that you had lifted the ride
HTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2006, 05:23 AM   #11
JeepCreepn01

heres what my exhaust looked lie after 6 trys since FT didnt offer a kit back then and i knew no one with one of these lifts, but it never touches anything, but this lift i really like more then my RE LA
Unread 05-18-2006, 08:20 AM   #12
wayoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCreepn01
good write up, just wondering if any of the bolts that hold the transfer case skid stripped the little inserts out on the support brackets, i had to beat all of them out of mine cause 3 stripped when i had to take the skid plate off a week later
funny you should mention that. i did end up stripping one when i pulled my skid about a week later too. fortunately, i was able to get a pair of small vice-grips to grab hold of it and was able to extract the bolt without further incident. now, i try to be mindfull about over tightening the bolts and haven't had a problem since. i think i may try talking to full traction about this to see what they have to say.

eddie
Unread 05-18-2006, 08:21 AM   #13
wayoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCreepn01
heres what my exhaust looked lie after 6 trys since FT didnt offer a kit back then and i knew no one with one of these lifts, but it never touches anything, but this lift i really like more then my RE LA
hey man, where's the muffler or were you able to ditch your cat?
Unread 05-18-2006, 09:00 AM   #14
BlueJ

You need a cash tree?! Look at your jeep over the years, I think you found a cash tree. LOL Great write up, thanks to you, I will be doing my CSF raidator swap this weekend. That will be write up number 5 I have used. Great info from ya!

Same stuff as most of ya got. =)
BlueJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2006, 01:35 PM   #15
JeepCreepn01

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayoflife
hey man, where's the muffler or were you able to ditch your cat?
muffler is up under the skid plate, andthe part i talked bout stripping i just beat all of those out with a hammer and flat head and replaced with good ol nuts and bolts had to take off skid a few more times and they are easy to get off

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.