Full time, part time, 4 lo questions???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Full time, part time, 4 lo questions????

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-07-2008, 06:42 PM   #1
Puntachalupa

Full time, part time, 4 lo questions????

Hi im new here, just traded in a honda s2000 for an 02 X. It has 2 bar front and rear bumpers, they have plastic end caps on the bumbers not welded on is that a factory option? it also has 4 lights on a windshield mount, was that a factory option? Ok now my main question, i can see on the gauge cluster that there are part time, full time, and 4 lo indicators, but ive only seen part time light up, no matter what i select, and part time stays on whenever the tj is in any selection of 4 wheel so i dont think its burnt out lights. Is it an option my jeep doesnt have?

Puntachalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2008, 06:48 PM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

First, read my two posts at the top of the Offroad & Offroad Equipment forum where it will explain a lot of 4x4 things for you.

Your Wrangler only has a part-time 4x4 system, so it is part-time for 4Hi and part-time for 4Lo. That means it is not suitable for use on paved roads, unless they are totally covered in snow, ice, mud, etc. You really shouldn't even use either of the 4x4 modes in rain, there is too much traction on all but the slickest roads even when wet from rain for the type of 4x4 system the Wrangler has.

Your instrument cluster has a Full-Time light on it but only because it shares the instrument cluster with the Cherokee which had an optional full-time 4x4 system available. The only thing that will light up on your dash is the 4x4 light when you're in either 4Hi or 4Lo. The full-time light will, since your Wrangler only has a part-time 4x4 system, never light up.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2008, 06:56 PM   #3
Puntachalupa

I dont use the 4 wheel drive on the road, ive always owned 2wd rear wheel vehicles and i am comfortable driving in 2wd. However since i bought the jeep, i have spent alot of time in the woods and in mud pits and have gotten plenty of use out of the 4wd. Thanks for the help, and i will read those posts.
Puntachalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2008, 06:59 PM   #4
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I almost forgot Puntachalupa, a hearty welcome to JF.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.