Fuel tank vent (2001) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fuel tank vent (2001)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 02-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
defmornahan
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Fuel tank vent (2001)

Back in December I made the mistake of filling up with my dad's wet gas, had to drop the tank, pump it out, etc. A week or two later, I start getting the ole Check Engine light. Pull the code, medium leak from the evap system...okay. I got a new fuel line from the dealership, some new vent line, a new seal for the fuel pump assembly, and dropped the tank today. Lo and behold, the driver's side vent line fittings have ripped nearly off at both the fuel tank and at the Y-fitting where both vent lines join and connect to the engine bay.

Looking at the tank and looking around at NAPA, Quadratec, JC Whitney, I get the impression that the rollover valve is permanently attached to the tank and I can't replace it by itself. Rather than do that, since I don't really go wheeling much with this and I have a 1987 Wrangler that's intended for that purpose, I was planning to seal the driver's side rollover vent with JB Weld and just run a straight vapor line from the passenger side vent to the metal line running to the engine bay. Is there a terrible pressing reason not to do this? Can I replace just the rollover vent?

defmornahan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel tank , vent , vent lines

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.