Fuel pump kill switch design/ set up - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fuel pump kill switch design/ set up

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 06-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #16
Neil F.
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck View Post
ahh, I gotcha, Yea I chould just splice in an interrupt switch to that blue wire then? I've got a 2006, wonder if my wiring is the same?

The ADE thread and diagrams addresses all years

Neil F. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #17
dworjan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil F. View Post
The ADE thread and diagrams addresses all years
Indeed. Post #62 on the ADE thread will guide you to the wire you're looking for in your '06.

Chris
dworjan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #18
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

wonderful, thanks! I think I'll attempt this tonight, or at least find the wire tonight!

When yall cut that wire, where do yall usually do it? Do you do it right there at the engine bay and tape it up good so it's not obvious? or is there somewhere farther down a bit more hidden that yall cut the wire? I'm not expecting someone to pop the hood and look at the wiring to see why it's not starting, but if I'm gonna take the time to cut into the wire and run some wire to a switch, I might as well do it as inconspicuously as I can, eh?
Unread 06-08-2010, 02:45 PM   #19
Neil F.
2003 TJ Wrangler 

You are over thinking this. Take a look at it yourself. The wires are already bundled and wrapped up. Cut wrap, cut the wire and attach the new wires and tape it back up. No one find it easy at all.
Neil F. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #20
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, I'm probably overthinking it, thanks for your reply again Electrical stuff always seems a mystery to me, this seems easy enough to do though, just one wire to cut and two wires to run to the switch, I think I can handle that!
Unread 06-08-2010, 05:04 PM   #21
popeyesides

2006 LJ Wrangler 

So can I just cut the pink/white wire in the c103 connector and add a on/off switch and call it a day. BTW I have a 06 LJ. Thanks.
popeyesides is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #22
athos76
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm wiring in an ADE kill switch now. I'm running the wiring and relay to make it look as stock as possible, and hiding the relay in the dash. I have the magnetic reed, the valet and an additional kill switch all wired up so far... I think I hid the additional kill switch so well, I'll forget about it.

And popeye is correct. C103 is the connector in the middle of the firewall, above the engine, closer to the driver's side.... pink with white. Unravel the tape, wire in a switch and rewrap the tape to look like factory.

I read on an Audi forum about someone who went the distance and their kill switch defeat involved 4 other systems to deactivate (A/C, lights, mirror switch and the lit cup holder)... I've thought of that...but having to do that every time seems like a huge pain. I'm keeping my magnet near the switch so I don't have to move it, but I can hide the magnet to activate.
Unread 06-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #23
popeyesides

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks, I guess I have something to do this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by athos76 View Post
I'm wiring in an ADE kill switch now. I'm running the wiring and relay to make it look as stock as possible, and hiding the relay in the dash. I have the magnetic reed, the valet and an additional kill switch all wired up so far... I think I hid the additional kill switch so well, I'll forget about it.

And popeye is correct. C103 is the connector in the middle of the firewall, above the engine, closer to the driver's side.... pink with white. Unravel the tape, wire in a switch and rewrap the tape to look like factory.

I read on an Audi forum about someone who went the distance and their kill switch defeat involved 4 other systems to deactivate (A/C, lights, mirror switch and the lit cup holder)... I've thought of that...but having to do that every time seems like a huge pain. I'm keeping my magnet near the switch so I don't have to move it, but I can hide the magnet to activate.
popeyesides is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
cut , fuel , kill , pump , switch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.