Fuel Pump gettign noisy! ....T-case Q - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fuel Pump gettign noisy! ....T-case Q

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 11-10-2004, 01:54 PM   #1
JeepinBlue24

Fuel Pump gettign noisy! ....T-case Q

Fuel Pump issue:
When I start my TJ I can really hear my fuel pump for a min or two until it warms up I am guessing. But it is gettign pretty loud. I have never noticed it before. It sounds a lot like liquid sloshing around, but its the pump. Is this a sign of it going bad possibly? I am going to try to get over to the dealership to get it documented at least. I only have about 6,000 more miles left on the warranty. Got about 30,000 on her now.

T-Case issue:
I tried to go into 4H yesterday and couldn't. I think I just have to adjust the T-case linkage. I would liek to move the mount off the body. Who makes kit for this? I think Skyjacker has one....

36 or 38 IROKs

..and keeping the 4banger until she dies!
JeepinBlue24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2004, 02:40 PM   #2
Jim Shanks
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'd get the dealership to replace the pump. The cheapest I could find one for was around $250 with shipping. Mine wasn't making noise, just wasn't keeping the fuel pressure at the fuel rail.

Jim
Jim Shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2004, 10:02 AM   #3
JeepinBlue24

The noise is so random now. Sometimes i hear it, sometimes i don't. I atleast want to get it documented though. I am goign to run to the dealer at lunch time to see what they say.
36 or 38 IROKs

..and keeping the 4banger until she dies!
JeepinBlue24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.