Fuel pump - Fuel cell issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fuel pump - Fuel cell issues

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-19-2005, 07:11 PM   #1
MesquiteJeep

Fuel pump - Fuel cell issues

I recently converted my 2000 Jeep Wrangler from it's original fuel tank to an internal fuel cell (sits in the back behind the back seat)...I have tried using an inline vane pump that generates between 90 and 130 psi... The regulator requires 84 psi, the regulator regulates that down to 44 and 54 psi. The pump should be sufficient to work. After first installing it, it ran fine, sounded good and then I shut it off. It hasn't started since. It's not putting fuel in the cylinders. SO, it's a fuel system problem, as in regulator, throttle position censor, or pressure is outside of parameters... Does anyone know what I can do to fix this once and for all, SAVE - going back to the original OEM system.

help please.

MesquiteJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2005, 10:44 PM   #2
jeep jake

you cold reinstall the old tank where your back seat is. you wouldn't be able to have a back seat though
60's atlas ll
jeep jake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.