fuel pump - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > fuel pump

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 03-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
kweb
1999 TJ Wrangler 

fuel pump

I need to replace my fuel pump but my repair manual says i need to buy the entire fuel pump module (which is $ 303, just the pump $ 142) it says that the fuel pump cannot be replaced, it says i need to buy the whole module, can someone tell me if I need to do the whole module or if I can just replace the pump.

TJ sport
4.0 liter
6 cylinder engine

Thanks for the help

kweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2010, 06:51 PM   #2
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Good question, I think you can find the assy cheaper than that though. I paid 222.00 for mine 6mos ago. The check valve is going in mine so I figured 10 years was a good run for a fuel pump assy.
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 01:54 AM   #3
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Have a look at the write up here. DailyDrivenTJ-Fuel Pump Repair It shows in detail how to swap the pump and strainers.

You can get the pump cheaper at RockAuto Auto Parts and it comes with the two strainers. $92 for the cheapest they do and you can get 5% off using the discount code from MarkVIII.org Rockauto discount

There are probably dozens available on ebay too not sure about quality though.

Rockauto 5% discount code can be found here... http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/products_services.htm

Online factory service manuals (FSMs) and parts lists can be viewed at http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/index.htm
If the link doesn't work properly, look for the service manual link under Jeep Resources at the bottom of the page.
Jonny Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 05:29 AM   #4
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ebay is your friend.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_from...mp&_sacat=6028
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 07:19 AM   #5
LilViper95
Web Wheeler

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I just bought a new bosch pump from carquest for my 2003, was the complete assembly even had a tag on it with the mopar part number. Looked identical to the assembly that I removed and only cost me around 180. Dealer wanted well over 300 for the identical part!

My Attempt at a Wrangler YJ Unlimited

No Stretch TJ Build For The Wife
LilViper95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 07:46 AM   #6
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

What fuel issues are you having?

How many miles are on your Jeep?

You may just want to replace the entire assembly.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 01:56 PM   #7
kweb
1999 TJ Wrangler 

ok thanks for the help everyone, it takes me a few trys to start up my jeep i put a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail and when its running I have 33 psi, i need 44 - 55 psi
kweb is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.