Front wheel bearing help. - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Front wheel bearing help.

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Reply
Unread 06-30-2008, 09:41 PM   #1
MoJeeper
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Northeast Missouri
Posts: 714
Front wheel bearing help.

I need both front wheel bearings, was wondering if there was one brand better than others, and where I can get a good price.

Found "National" brand at oriellys, for $117. The cheap one is for $106. I used to install national bearing in semi's and never had a problem, didn't know about a jeep.

__________________
99 Green TJ SE
3" Full Traction Lift
4.88's, 33" MT's
My Jeep
MoJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2008, 09:48 PM   #2
tupton
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Charleston, WV
Posts: 47
Buy the Nationals. The cheaper ones are made in China. Nuff said.
__________________
Let's Go Mountaineers!!

Jeepinwv.com

West Virginia's Original Jeep Club
tupton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2008, 01:59 AM   #3
PyroXian
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ioway
Posts: 242
If you can wait a short while, check http://www.rockauto.com or http://www.partstrain.com

They have several brands available including BCA/National, Timken, Crown and generic, I went Timken the most recent time around & have no complaints so far. Got 'em for roughly $90 each shipped, about $40 less a side than the local places.

(last time I checked rockauto was cheaper on the early TJ hub/bearings while partstrain was cheaper on the later models, so check both for your application)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
I wish I had enough money to drive stupid.
PyroXian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2008, 02:25 AM   #4
TheMightyGoat
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroXian View Post
If you can wait a short while, check http://www.rockauto.com or http://www.partstrain.com

They have several brands available including BCA/National, Timken, Crown and generic, I went Timken the most recent time around & have no complaints so far. Got 'em for roughly $90 each shipped, about $40 less a side than the local places.

(last time I checked rockauto was cheaper on the early TJ hub/bearings while partstrain was cheaper on the later models, so check both for your application)
I clicked the link in your signature and found it to be anti-climactic.
TheMightyGoat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2008, 02:31 AM   #5
PyroXian
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ioway
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyGoat View Post
I clicked the link in your signature and found it to be anti-climactic.
Well, yeah... it clearly says not to.
It's currently parked while I decide what to do with it now that Google ads decided they didn't want to run ads on that particular domain anymore...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
I wish I had enough money to drive stupid.
PyroXian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.