Front wheel bearing? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Front wheel bearing?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-24-2006, 06:23 PM   #1
Tj4rocks
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Front wheel bearing?

I had the front wheel off tonight to check the fitment of my new wheels and i noticed some play in the front end. If i grab the tire from the top and bottom, i can wiggle it quite a bit. Just like the wheel bearings need to be tightened up. From what i have been told, you can't tighten the bearings on a tj. Does this sound like i need to replace the front hub? It's not ball joints, when i move the wheel i can see the outer axle shaft move slightly in the knuckle. I would just like to have a idea before i start tearing into things. Thanks.

Tj4rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2006, 06:44 PM   #2
Dukes69

they are called "unit bearings" and are a sealed, non-serviceable, part. IIRC they cost around $100.
AIM: Dukes69

Ya Savvy?
Dukes69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.