Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Front sway bar question + bonus disco question

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  TJe0454 
#1 ·
About a year ago I installed a OME lift on my Wrangler. At the same time, I also installed a Currie Anti Rock. Since I do most of my driving on the street, I think I'm going to re-install the stock front sway bar. Here's my questions:

Will the stock sway bar and end links work even though my Wrangler is lifted two inches over stock? If not, what will I need to do to make it work?

Bonus question. I'm also looking at possibly installing JKS Quicker Discos in conjunction with the front sway bar. JKS offers two sets: JKS-2000 for TJs with 0" to 2" of lift, and JKS-2001 for TJs with 2.5" to 6" of lift. On paper it looks like p/n 2000 discos would be best. However, I would like to lift my LJ higher next year and would then need the longer p/n 2001 discos. Is it possible to use the longer discos on my shorter lift now and avoid having to buy another set of discos next year?

#2 ·
Yes you will be able to use the stock swaybar links on 2" of lift and yes you can use the 2.5 - 6" quicker discos on your current lift. Just adjust the discos all the way down to the shortest they will go and you will have no problems.

Oh and P.S. - Give me a good deal on the antirock

#4 ·
Out of curiosity, does anyone make solid front extended sway bar links? If so, where would I find them?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.