Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Front Passenger side wheel problem

605 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  weems 
#1 ·
I was driving my dad's 02 TJ X tonight. I drove to my destination fine, no problems. After i cam back, i had to go out to the Verizon store. There is a large hill outside my neighborhood, and as i was going down it, the entire Jeep started to shake. I figured i had a flat tire, or possibly the lugnuts had somehow come unloose. I pulled over at the bottom and everything was fine. I smelled a burning smell, and the tire was warm. I thought that it was weird, but i was close to my destination so i would go ahead and get there before it closed. On the way back, as i was in first and letting off the clutch, the jeep wouldn't go, so i gave it some gas, and it went, just a little sluggish. All the gears were more sluggish than usual. The vibration starts around 45 mph. When i got home, i felt the tire, and it was extremely hot. The store is about 5-7 minutes from my house, so i don't know how it got that hot. Are there any suggestions on what the problem might be? All the other tires are fine, and cool to the touch.

FYI: 2002 Wrangler Sport, Manual, AC, 4.0

Thanks in Advance!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.