Front lower control arm brackets - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Front lower control arm brackets

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955New jk doors from steinjagerOconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops and

Unread 06-07-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
ce7vin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Front lower control arm brackets

I got back from a wheeling trip today and noticed my axle front axle is shifted 2 inches towards the drivers side. Looked underneath it and the lower control arm brackets are super shot pass side about to snap off.

Ok so my question is I've been looking aftermarket brackets and was curious as to if youre better off going with factory style brackets with the castor slots or rubicon express type without the slots. Seems to me that youd be better off with the slotless???

ce7vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2008, 09:03 PM   #2
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

you are correct, but you'll need adjustable upper arm to correct the castor.
never monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #3
Sweeney
2006 LJ Wrangler 

If you have adjustable arms up front, get the non-adjustable brackets. If you don't have adjustable arms and don't intend to get any then get the brackets with cam bolts.
Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2008, 09:35 PM   #4
Thunderstrike
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Rusty's has some good control arm parts under builder parts.

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...egory_Code=cus
Auto, Power, Remote Start, Towing Package, MyGig Navigation with Lockpick, Rear View Camera, B&M 70268 Transmission Cooler, Aeroforce Interceptor, Valentine 1, Tub Sound-Deadened with Raamat and Ensolite, Hard Top Heat Insulated with 1/2" Styrofoam Insulation, Bilstein Shocks Front & Rear, PIAA Dual Horns, IPF 920H4 Headlights.
Protection: Skid Row Engine Skid, Lower Control Arm skid & Evaporator Skid; Rock Hard Gas Tank Skid; Warn Stainless Steel Differential Skid Front & Rear.
Recovery Gear: Warn 9.5Ti Winch, 11,000# Pull-Pal.
Communication: Uniden 520XL CB, Diesel External Speaker, 3' FireStik Whip.
Shrockworks Mid-width Front Bumper with Warn 9.5Ti Winch -- Ordered 7/17/2009; Bumper Received 12/4/2009.
1" Coil Spacer Front & 1/2" Coil Spacer Rear restored OEM Rake.
4x4 Trips:
Moab - 4/2006, 5/2008, 4/2009, 5/2011, 4/2013
Ouray - 8/2007
Rubicon - 9/2008
Gone, but not forgotten: 2004 TJ, 1999 Audi A4, 1992 VW Jetta GL 5 Speed
Thunderstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2008, 01:14 AM   #5
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Forget about the cam adjusters... just get the beefiest mounts you can find. Adjustable control arms will give you whatever adjustment you might need.

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2008, 04:43 PM   #6
ce7vin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

control arm mounts

Yes I guess I should have mentioned all of my control arms are adjustable upper lower front and rear. I have another question to add as well. With the adjustable arms what is the ideal legnth for a 4" lift short arm? I dont remember my measurements but my front trac bar is hitting the top bolt head on my dif cover and the tie rod barely clears the tracbar at axle mounting point. Should I shorten the control arms?
ce7vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2008, 07:09 PM   #7
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Possibly. I never had a problem with my trackbar hitting the diff cover after I lifted... in fact, I had that problem and I lifted to solve it. If it only makes contact at full stuff, just add a bit more bumpstop. The tie-rod will always be very close to the swaybar link on the passenger side, but an upgraded steering setup like the one from Currie has a bit more clearance built-in... and it's a worthwhile upgrade that you'll probably need eventually anyway with larger tires.

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.