Front Bumper, Rocker Guards w/ Steps, Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Front Bumper, Rocker Guards w/ Steps, Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 04-25-2007, 09:58 AM   #1
VaLoRiaN

Front Bumper, Rocker Guards w/ Steps, Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier

I am heavily in the market for Bumpers and Rockers at the moment. There are 50 million different brands and types that look great. If you have aftermarket bumpers or Rockers installed on your Jeep, please provide some pics and give me your review of them. Even if it isn't yours and you have good pics and know a lot about the item(s) then please share as well. I want something that's not too heavy to weigh my Jeep down and I want black items (because Chrome went out in the 80's as you guys say haha) so please give some suggestions and show me what you're talking about. I would like to have a front bumper that I can put a few lights on, the rear with a swingaway tire carrier, and the Rockers that double as a step (such as Shrockworks). Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

VaLoRiaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 01:12 PM   #2
VaLoRiaN

Bump......
Unread 04-25-2007, 01:58 PM   #3
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

www.nates4x4.com

if you can deal with crappy customer service, dont think you'll beat the price. i run his stuff. he has a few different styles of front bumpers, too.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 01:59 PM   #4
msavard
2004 TJ Wrangler 

2nded on nates.

I was quoted 2 weeks and it took over 6 weeks but the quality is solid.
4.0L Auto • 35" Maxxis Bighorns • D30/D44 w 4.88 Gears • 2.5" OME LJ/XJ lift • JKS Trackbars • Brown Dog MML • 1" BL • Warn Engine Skid • Aussie Locker (FR) / Rubi Air Locker (REAR) • SYE/CV • Nth Adj Control Arms • Bestop Oversize Tire Carrier • PSC Rocker Knockers • ORO Swayloc • TNT Tube Fenders

MIDSOUTH JEEP CLUB > Jeepers from TN, AR, MS, and KY
msavard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 02:03 PM   #5
Bhelliom
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Your license plate is awesome
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Old Guy Jeep Club #1026[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Canadian[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]Jeep[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Club[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]Member[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]#1026[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=schitzangiggles] But since you are barely able to vote, are younger than some of my socks and as inteligent as the fecal droppings from a retarded Chimpanzee you go right ahead and keep on keepin on. [/QUOTE] - Posted in response to a moron wheeling illegally.
Bhelliom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 02:28 PM   #6
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhelliom
Your license plate is awesome
haha, it was on a maxima, so it was "mad maxima" buttttt, now its on a jeep, and its too bad *** to get rid of.

and as far as nates, i was told there was a 4 week lead time 1 week shipping. it got them 5 weeks after i ordered. good quality, i just painted em up and mounted them.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 04-25-2007, 02:30 PM   #7
Bhelliom
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
haha, it was on a maxima, so it was "mad maxima" buttttt, now its on a jeep, and its too bad *** to get rid of.

and as far as nates, i was told there was a 4 week lead time 1 week shipping. it got them 5 weeks after i ordered. good quality, i just painted em up and mounted them.
how heavy are they? how much am I going to have to worry about sag?
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Old Guy Jeep Club #1026[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Canadian[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]Jeep[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Club[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]Member[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]#1026[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=schitzangiggles] But since you are barely able to vote, are younger than some of my socks and as inteligent as the fecal droppings from a retarded Chimpanzee you go right ahead and keep on keepin on. [/QUOTE] - Posted in response to a moron wheeling illegally.
Bhelliom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 02:45 PM   #8
msavard
2004 TJ Wrangler 

they're as heavy as any other properly made bumper. They're not light that's for sure... Im not running a tire carrier, just standard tubes front and back with clevis mounts and I think they were around 35-40lbs each.
4.0L Auto • 35" Maxxis Bighorns • D30/D44 w 4.88 Gears • 2.5" OME LJ/XJ lift • JKS Trackbars • Brown Dog MML • 1" BL • Warn Engine Skid • Aussie Locker (FR) / Rubi Air Locker (REAR) • SYE/CV • Nth Adj Control Arms • Bestop Oversize Tire Carrier • PSC Rocker Knockers • ORO Swayloc • TNT Tube Fenders

MIDSOUTH JEEP CLUB > Jeepers from TN, AR, MS, and KY
msavard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 02:51 PM   #9
PackMan

Location: Home of the Super Bowl XLI Champion Indianapolis Colts
Jeeperman. All 4 sides. Great design, great welding, great materials. Front bumper is nice, has built-in winch plate. Rear tire carrier is among the best. The hinge uses axle bearings. Slam shut. The rockers are good for mild off-roading - body mounted stuff will hold up better. It bolts to the frame and can be used as a step.

Lousy powder-coating. If/When the powder coating fails, I'm considering Herculining them. Not sure yet, just a though. Otherwise, rattle-can.

PackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 02:57 PM   #10
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

the nates front bumper is pretty heavy....

50 pounds maybe?

here's the sag i had and how i fixed it!
before bumper

after bumper:

after cherokee springs:

Quote:

Unread 04-25-2007, 03:36 PM   #11
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I run the Toys by Troy front bumper because I like the hoop that protects the radiator in the event of a rollover. Though I'll probably remove it when I go flat fender just because it wont look right, at that point I plan to install a Jeeperman front bumper (plumbed as my OBA tank) with the LoD radiator hoop add-on.

In the rear I run a Jeeperman swing-out... expensive, but pretty well thought out and solid as heck.

As for rockers, I like several of the designs out there... but I plan to install a full package with tube fenders, rockers, and rear corner protectors. So... I'm waiting until I can get them all together so they fit together well. Probably either Poison Spyder or TnT Customs.

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2007, 01:51 AM   #12
VaLoRiaN

Wow. Thanks for the advice guys I really like the ones suggested so far. I've been leaning heavily toward Jeeperman and Shrockworks for both looks and the awesome reviews I've heard. I've also saw a few in Quadratec (Warn, AEV, Highrock 4x4) that looked nice as well. Keep the advice comin' I really appreciate it!
Unread 04-26-2007, 07:07 AM   #13
elkfan2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm running the Smitty built SRC series and have been real happy with them. As far as weight the front wasn't heavy enough to make the front end sag until I installed the winch and that was an easy fix with a couple of spacers.
elkfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2007, 07:14 AM   #14
VaLoRiaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkfan2

I'm running the Smitty built SRC series and have been real happy with them. As far as weight the front wasn't heavy enough to make the front end sag until I installed the winch and that was an easy fix with a couple of spacers.
Wow those look great. I have never seen bumpers like that they look very original and tough. I will definitely look into those. And off topic I really like those tail lights Are those street legal?
Unread 04-26-2007, 08:04 AM   #15
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by relgnarW
Wow those look great. I have never seen bumpers like that they look very original and tough. I will definitely look into those. And off topic I really like those tail lights Are those street legal?
Those are ORO LiteDots. They are street legal, but you'll technically need to add some reflective tape to the rear and side, which I believe is provided with the taillights. You'll also need to add a seperate light for your license plate.

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.