Front Bumper Removal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Front Bumper Removal

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-16-2003, 09:10 PM   #1
AlRego

Front Bumper Removal

I will be replacing my front bumper this weekend. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

AlRego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2003, 09:23 PM   #2
HKP7M8

A good quality T-55 soket and a Long pipe to use as a bracker bar.

Its a realy simple task. 4 bolts on the top 2 on the bottom and one under each fog light if you have factry fogs. I just replace my front bumper on monday.

The P7 is the Hannibal Lecter of autoloading pistols
Caution: Pistol may torture, kill and eat other pistols.
HKP7M8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2003, 09:45 PM   #3
macb

Quote:
A good quality T-55 soket and a Long pipe to use as a bracker bar.
plus, double check the fit of the new bumper before tightening
anything down, put in every bolt just half way to be sure it fits.
take before and after pics!
mods are good!

[url=http://www.cafepress.com/H2RT]No Bling - H2 Recovery Gear[/url]

Bob Supplee:supplee@ionet.net or (405) 799-8977
Stu Olson's great jeep resource site: [url=http://www.stu-offroad.com]www.stu-offroad.com[/url]
macb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2003, 09:04 AM   #4
AlRego

Thanks for the tips. I will try to install it tomorrow.
AlRego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2003, 05:00 PM   #5
rkutzner

I replaced my Torx bolts with Grade 8 regular bolts. Towing my Jeep behind the RV (bumper mounted tow bar) seemed to keep loosening the Torx bolts. Also, with a longer one on the one that goes through the round part of the frame up front, you can add a washer/bolt for extra strength. Can't hurt with the winch,either and only cost a few bucks.............yeah, Grade 8 is probably overkill.....

Everything SELF INSTALLED.

The Serious Stuff:4.5 RE LA, 35" MT/Rs, 4.88s, Super44 w/Detroit, D30 w/Ptrax, SYE, Tera 4:1, 2LOW & Rear Disks, AntiRock, Lotsa Skids (some homemade!), Nth Shock Shifters, Patriot 9500...and LOTS more !
rkutzner is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.