Front brake lines - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Front brake lines

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 07-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #1
BigRodney
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Front brake lines

I'm rebuilding the lift on my jeep and in the process want to do something about my front brake lines. The section from the frame to the axle is braded line about 22 inches long. They rub on the shocks and I tried to rotate the lower connection to point them away from the shocks but the fitting on the end is a stock jeep shape and can't be rotated. How do you deal with this issue? How can I keep the lines off of my suspension as the jeep articulates?

BigRodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2014, 09:56 AM   #2
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRodney View Post
I'm rebuilding the lift on my jeep and in the process want to do something about my front brake lines. The section from the frame to the axle is braded line about 22 inches long. They rub on the shocks and I tried to rotate the lower connection to point them away from the shocks but the fitting on the end is a stock jeep shape and can't be rotated. How do you deal with this issue? How can I keep the lines off of my suspension as the jeep articulates?

You could try some zip ties. I would sleeve the brake line in rubber hose if you're worried about chaffing and zip tie the line the shock or wherever you need to route them. Of course this only works if they're long enough to not pull taught after you tie them up. Good Luck!

-Ryan
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2014, 10:02 AM   #3
LJ Dave
2005 LJ Wrangler 

You may be able to rotate the brake hoses at the connection to the hard line at the frame to get the hoses to lay straight down and not forward as shown in your pictures. I run those same hoses and they don't come close to the shock body on my rig. You may have to disconnect the line from the hose to do this and of course bleed the brake system afterward. The first pic looks like the hose has a twist in it the way it's mounted anyway.
Unread 07-01-2014, 10:31 AM   #4
BigRodney
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take a look at it tonight LJ Dave and see if your suggestion would work.

What do any of you think about a line with a round banjo fitting that I could use to direct the line away from the shock and spring? I don't know the specs, this is just an example.

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/ear-63010224erl
Unread 07-01-2014, 11:43 AM   #5
Jeepsr4me

I made a clamp out of a metal hose clamp. I used one hose clamp to fasten a electrical clamp to the shock body. The electrical clamp keeps the line from chaffing. And the hose clamp allows me to place it anywhere that works best.
See the lip whwere the hole is located? I bend the very edge up so when the hose clamp goes over it will not slide out.

I have used this on the trail or when I see a fellow wheeler about to tear the brake line out.

Dont do this...
Jeepsr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2014, 11:50 AM   #6
BigRodney
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepsr4me View Post
I made a clamp out of a metal hose clamp. I used one hose clamp to fasten a electrical clamp to the shock body. The electrical clamp keeps the line from chaffing. And the hose clamp allows me to place it anywhere that works best.
See the lip whwere the hole is located? I bend the very edge up so when the hose clamp goes over it will not slide out.

I have used this on the trail or when I see a fellow wheeler about to tear the brake line out.

Dont do this...
Thanks for the tip. Looks like the guy that installed my rear track bar upside down installed those brake lines.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.