Front axle upgrade? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Front axle upgrade?

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
CharlieHo
Get Savvy

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Front axle upgrade?

I'm considering future upgrades, or maybe repairs, for when I blow the stock 30 in my TJ.

I'm wanting to eventually install ARBs front and rear and get rid of the Spartan I currently have installed, but, I don't want to drop the coin into a D30 if I'm just going to blow it apart.

I think/hope I'm good with the D44 rear.

Is the Rubi 44 an improvement at all over the 30? Or should I look for an actual D44?

And no, I don't want/need to go to 60's, I just can't see me needing those. One of these days, maybe, just not anytime soon.

ETA, I plan on 4.88 gears also, so it'll be one of those mods that's gonna have to be done all at once to do it right. Of course that means a big chunk of money all at once too.

I have the ability to spell correctly, it's just that the autocorrect on my iPad will not permit it.
CharlieHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Depends on your plans for the jeep. Personally, always thought the Rubi D44s weren't worth what people seem to pay for them (in particular in the front where outers are the same as D30). I really like my F9 setup if you've never looked at those. If you want to stick with a nice D30, I have an HP30 I will be listing in the classifieds soon - 4.88, ARB, Superior Evo shafts, Vanco BBk, etc.
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
CharlieHo
Get Savvy

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Although perfectly acceptable as a DD, It is primarily a trail rig. It sees pavement to and from the trail, and the occasional jaunt somewhere. It is nowhere near a DD, but I do want to keep it semi-legal.

F9... 9"? No, I hadn't considered a 9", although maybe I should have.
I have the ability to spell correctly, it's just that the autocorrect on my iPad will not permit it.
CharlieHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #4
tyvanwie
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

An HP30 is a good, cheap upgrade.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #5
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieHo View Post
F9... 9"? No, I hadn't considered a 9", although maybe I should have.
F9 = Fabricated 9". Look at Currie or Spidertrax as examples. Actually there was a nice Spider 9 rear for sale in classifieds recently. Needed the third member but that's easy to add.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.