Front Axle Locker sensor issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Front Axle Locker sensor issue

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-17-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
brunkhorse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Front Axle Locker sensor issue

Hey All

I have an 2005 Rubicon with the stock lockers. The front axle lock light keeps blinking on my dash even though my axle is locked. I verified this by putting the jeep on stands. I'm assuming this is just a sensor problem but it's annoying me. Don't have much experience with differentials. WHere is this sensor located? Do I need to pull my cover to access it? Does anyone have a part number for it if I do need to replace it? Also I do have the bypass mod installed if that makes a difference.

Thanks

brunkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
ken white
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The sensor supplies a ground signal to the EMIC, so disconnect the plug at the axle and perform a continuity check between the pins, or just short the plug end and see if the light goes steady.

Unfortunately, the plunger switch replacement requires the locker to be removed if its bad. I have an extra switch if yours is bad.
ken white is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #3
joe108
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The design engineer on that switch should be shot, it would have been nice if the switch could just be replaced without cracking open the entire dif.
joe108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
brunkhorse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

It annoys me but I don't know if its worth it to have to pull all of that just to change it. Where did you purchase the sensor from?
brunkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
front axle , locker

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.