Freak accident??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Freak accident???

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 01-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
YellowJeepGuy94
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Freak accident???

So I had this weird thing happen to me for the first time. I was in drive stopped at a stopped sign and when it was my turn I pressed on the accelerator but my jeep did not go any where. I put in reverse and it did not do anything either. It was like I was stuck in neutral. I put my jeep back in park and restarted the engine and put it back in drive and it was fine. I have a 2004 Jeep Wrangler Tj with an automatic transmission. My jeep has 69,000 miles on it. What could be the problem?

YellowJeepGuy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Could be low on fluid. Check that first. Those tranny's are really picky and just being one quart low can make them act funny.
Unread 01-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
narnwv

2000 WJ 

I'm moving this to TJ tech, you'll get more answers.

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #4
YellowJeepGuy94
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by narnwv
I'm moving this to TJ tech, you'll get more answers.
Thanks
YellowJeepGuy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
dcope17
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJeepGuy94 View Post
So I had this weird thing happen to me for the first time. I was in drive stopped at a stopped sign and when it was my turn I pressed on the accelerator but my jeep did not go any where. I put in reverse and it did not do anything either. It was like I was stuck in neutral. I put my jeep back in park and restarted the engine and put it back in drive and it was fine. I have a 2004 Jeep Wrangler Tj with an automatic transmission. My jeep has 69,000 miles on it. What could be the problem?
I have it figured out... the motor wasn't running.

Life with Christ can be explained like a Jeep...
Being in the Word... grows your tire size.
Prayer... gains more ground clearance.
Fellowship... Is like having a good spotter.

The more of these you have... the easier it is to get over obstacles in your path.
.[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f194/dcope17s-thoughts-bible-please-read-only-do-not-post-1333441/#post13115090"]My Bible Thread[/URL]
dcope17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #6
slmason72

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcope17 View Post
I have it figured out... the motor wasn't running.
slmason72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.