frame swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > frame swap

Steinjager TJ tube doorsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!JK Rear Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 08-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #1
herbiehind
1999 TJ Wrangler 

frame swap

getting a very nice 4cyl. frame . i have a 6 . so another frame with a good front is in with the deal 6 cyl . this will allow a template to be made for mount location . question is ; can i then cut the 6 cyl. mounts off this frame and reuse? or are they not recoverable due to being burned in ? also if i cant reuse them does anyone know where to get new mounts (frame to motor) .?
thx for help .

herbiehind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
BlueFlame
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The frame is the same 4 cyl or 6 cyl.
Far as I know the motor mounts bolt on.
So I don't understand the problem.
bump for ya
BlueFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 07:23 AM   #3
herbiehind
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i believe the frame mounts for the motor mounts are different places on the 6 and 4 . these mounts will need to be removed and 6cyl. mounts put on . i have some 6cyl. mounts currently on frames but can they be re-used due to already having been burned in once ? thanks for reply
herbiehind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frame , swap , 6 cyl , 4 cyl , motor mount , tj , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.