FOREVER BLACK --Does it work?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > FOREVER BLACK --Does it work??

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Jeep Wrangler Framless, Bowless, Trektops 92-95 YJ, 97-06 TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 03-09-2004, 07:29 AM   #1
wrangler4x4

FOREVER BLACK --Does it work??

How well does the product "FOREVER BLACK" work on flares and bumper extensions? Is the finish glossy or dull?

I have a 99 TJ and really need to do something to the flares/bumper extensions.

Stock -- for now
wrangler4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2004, 08:25 AM   #2
sporty01

Forget about wiping something on to get the color back. Go to walmart and get a couple of cans of Krylon Fusion spray paint. Clean your flares and what have you "EXTREMELY WELL" with like acetone or something to get the oils and previously applied armor-all, whatever completely off, lightly sand to ruff-up the surface and paint the suckers. The fusion paint is made for plastics and such. I did it to my flares, side steps and the mirror trim on the door. It made all the difference in the world. Also try a search on this forum on flares or fading flares, there was a lot of talk about this same thing, that's where I got the info to paint mine.

Unread 03-09-2004, 09:28 AM   #3
Alan MacIntyre

Another option is to have them RhinoLined Ė did it to mine about a year ago and itís sweet!

'99 TJ Sport
3 1/2" RE Lift
BFG AT 33x12.50ís on Eagle rims
Tuffy Overhead Console
Midland 77-285
Windshield mounted KC Titanium SlimLite's
Rhino Lined Fender Flares, and Genuine Steel side bars
ARB Safari Snorkel
CE 8,000 Winch
Alan MacIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2004, 06:11 PM   #4
Stiffler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Krylon always works nicely
Unread 03-10-2004, 03:07 AM   #5
Michele
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Agree with the others. Paint them. Before and After pics of painted flares in link in my sig.

My TJ at cardomain
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2004, 06:39 AM   #6
wrangler4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporty01
Forget about wiping something on to get the color back. Go to walmart and get a couple of cans of Krylon Fusion spray paint. Clean your flares and what have you "EXTREMELY WELL" with like acetone or something to get the oils and previously applied armor-all, whatever completely off, lightly sand to ruff-up the surface and paint the suckers. The fusion paint is made for plastics and such. I did it to my flares, side steps and the mirror trim on the door. It made all the difference in the world. Also try a search on this forum on flares or fading flares, there was a lot of talk about this same thing, that's where I got the info to paint mine.

How difficult was it to remove the flares? I assume that you removed them before painting rather than trimming & taping. What grit sandpaper did you use; would 0000 steel wool be better than sandpaper?
Stock -- for now
wrangler4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2004, 07:44 AM   #7
Stiffler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i think the fender flares screw on from inside the wheel well...they are easy to take off, i know that much otherwise people wouldn't be swapping them like baseball cards.
Unread 03-10-2004, 08:05 AM   #8
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I no longer worry about it.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2004, 12:05 PM   #9
Michele
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The front ones were easy to remove. The rears were a pita, and after a session of trying, I got nowhere except aggravated and bleeding scraped hands. Masked them off with masking tape and newspaper, and then painting them was a breeze. As I said, before/after pics in my sig. Well worth the time spent.

Michele

My TJ at cardomain
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.