Ford 8.8/HP30 swap and regear - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Ford 8.8/HP30 swap and regear

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 11-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #61
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKEnBLAKE View Post
Great thread man! I just bought a TJ with an 8.8 and it doesn't have the parking brake hooked up. What do I need to make that happen? Just a ZJ cable? Any specific parts needed on the 8.8 end of things?
All you need are the ZJ cables, nothing else. Bough mine from Rock Auto, was DORMAN Part # C660058. On Rock Auto they have pictures, just double check it's the correct ends before buying.

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #62
SHAKEnBLAKE
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
All you need are the ZJ cables, nothing else. Bough mine from Rock Auto, was DORMAN Part # C660058. On Rock Auto they have pictures, just double check it's the correct ends before buying.
Thanks. Just ordered them. I was under my jeep the other day and realized that it didn't even have the bracket for the cables to attach to. Not sure why anyone took the time to remove it, but I got one from a part out.
Unread 01-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #63
bronco2guy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Great build. I will be putting an 8.8 in rear of my Jeep also.
bronco2guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #64
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Totally forgot about this.

Everything got done before school started. From the last picture I was scrambling to get it done and don't have any more pics. Basically though I got new Nitro Chromoly shafts with Spicer joints installed and new Spicer ball joints. Got everything buttoned up and went wheeling with unlimited04. This was unfortunately my last wheeling trip of the year!

This is late August of last year. As of now that axles are doing great, not issues. Can't wait for summer to come and do some more wheeling.

Unread 03-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #65
Gordon-0
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Great info
Subscribed!
Gordon-0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #66
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Update:

Changed the gear oil in both axles this morning! The gears look GREAT! Rear oil definitely need to be changed, it had turned into a nice metallic paste, and the front was a bit metallic. I think the obvious answer to that is the rear is the main drive axle where the front just spins not under load. I think I can call the gear install a 100% success.

Unread 08-20-2014, 10:13 PM   #67
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Great write-up. I just made a large order from ECGS and re-read your thread. I have a buddy that's going to weld my brackets and install the gears front and rear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.