Flex pics needed - Currie A/R with 4.5" RE springs, 10" shocks, RE long arms on 35's. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Flex pics needed - Currie A/R with 4.5" RE springs, 10" shocks, RE long arms on 35's.

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 04-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
VanBCguy
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Flex pics needed - Currie A/R with 4.5" RE springs, 10" shocks, RE long arms on 35's.

Long story made short: I've been totally burned by the shop that did my build. I had an issue with the rear lower shock mounts only allowing for 2 9/16ths up travel. I took it back and they put new shock mounts on. They sent me pics to show that I now have 4.5" up travel, but the flex pics they sent are bothering me. I've also taken it out wheeling a few times, the wife and friends have taken pics and it seems as if the Jeep is leaning far too much and that the Currie A/R is almost non existent. I know (well, lets say I'm pretty sure) this isn't a Currie A/R problem. It has to be something else. The Currie is such a simple install. How could anyone bugger that up?

Here's a couple pics of me at flex. Does anyone else have the same build specs. that would allow me to compare the body lean? I have 4.5" RE springs, 10" Fox shocks, adjustable tri-link RE long arms, 35" TrXus MTs, and the Currie A/R. From what I've seen in many pics and read in many write-ups, I should only be losing about 4-5% of articulation as compared to fully disco'd.

What think you guys? Lets see your pics so I have a comparison.

Here's the pics the shop sent me to show they'd put the new mounts on.

From a trip a couple of days after I got it back. Shouldn't the body be sitting flatter?

Flatter like this pic of a TJ with ORO steering like I have (I know it has the Sway-Loc, but still...)? The body has minimal lean. I couldn't achieve this if I did the same thing. I'd be leaning so much I'd probably fall over.

What pics of comparable rigs and ideas do you guys have?

Last edited by VanBCguy; 05-15-2010 at 04:28 PM..
VanBCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

The rig is not being held up by the rock on the passenger side.

Leaned over somewhat-

Diagonal-

Sneaking up on it.

Messing around with the optional line

And finally, my friend Jon messing around on the same line and only the tires are touching the rocks.

Last edited by mrblaine; 04-25-2010 at 09:43 PM..
mrblaine is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2010, 10:44 PM   #3
GMC7000
1997 TJ Wrangler 

At the risk of feeding your frustration, I have found the off road industry/hobby marked with sloppy work and poor customer service.
GMC7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2010, 11:59 PM   #4
Douglas S.

Keep in mind that the Jeep in the last pic (of the OP) is running airbags (ORO AiRock?), not coil springs.
Unread 04-26-2010, 01:55 AM   #5
VanBCguy
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas S. View Post
Keep in mind that the Jeep in the last pic (of the OP) is running airbags (ORO AiRock?), not coil springs.
Already noted. But thank you. It was one of the few pics I had easily handy to show my point.
VanBCguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.