flex fan - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-01-2007, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
claytonandson
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

flex fan

has anyone replaced thier stock fan and f/c with a flex fan.what spacer is needed and does it need a reversed blade like on my f-150??

yellow jeep club #343
IAFF /FF's OF WASH. D.C. EMERALD SOCIETY/CHARLES COUNTY RESCUE SQUAD 51
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-01-2007, 03:36 PM
dyna

Why? the fan clutch is one of the better inventions if working correctly. Flex fans are noisy, and fuel sucking.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-01-2007, 08:51 PM
44 NSB
NSB Florida Jeep

1997 TJ Wrangler 

For a couple of years I've had the #475 flex-a-lite II. The kit supplies everything you need. Included is a nylon shroud. No spacers. The reason I installed it was to employ a kill switch on it for mud / water. It works fine in Florida's heat and humidity. I'm not sure about the reversed blade. There is plenty of room between the fan (which is flat against the radiator) and the motors pulleys.

1997 Red TJ
5 speed w/ NP 231, Nth 4.5" lift, AntiRocks front and rear, skids (tummy tucker, front dif, oil pan, GenRite fuel tank skid, RockJock D-60 4.88, Flex-a-lite fan, Flow Cooler pump, Rhino lined tub, American Eagle Alloys, SS LTB's 34" x 10.5 w/Staun beadlocks, Tuffy console, MileMarker Hydra 12000
post #4 of 5 Old 07-02-2007, 09:04 AM
TJ driver
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I installed a Flex-Lite engine fan. I did have to get the reverse rotation for my 4.0L and ran a 2" spacer. It made a big difference and haven't noticed any drop in gas milage. I don't see why it would hurt gas milage, it wieghs a huge amount less than the stock fan. As for me personally, I like the fan noise while under heavy acceleration.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-02-2007, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
claytonandson
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

its kind of an old school motorhead mod to take off weight and get more cooling.some even claim a little + in hp. thanks for the tip on the reversed blade. wasnt sure.

yellow jeep club #343
IAFF /FF's OF WASH. D.C. EMERALD SOCIETY/CHARLES COUNTY RESCUE SQUAD 51

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.