flex - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > flex

Black Friday Sale!!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-27-2006, 04:57 PM   #1
tjsooley

flex

i want to lift only 2inch these are my options
http://www.offroadoverstock.com/stor...id=&modelyear=
or
http://www.4wd.com/newsite/shop/prod...atid=260&mid=n
i want the most flex for under 300

tjsooley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2006, 06:19 PM   #2
Muddeprived

Think about future plans before deciding. Will you want to go higher later on with longer coil springs? If you do, get the BB so you can always re-use the bb spacers for a little more lift on top of the new kit you get later on. If this is the only lift you will ever put on your jeep ( ) , then go with 4wd's because it comes with 4 coil springs and 4 shocks (that's about it, the picture shows the 3" kit and you don't get all the goodies in that).

Neither is gonna flex more than the other, unless the shocks are longer. Both are 2" kits (actually the spacers are 1.75").

from everyone i've heard using 4wd's springs/shocks, none have ever complained. The dudes at the desk in 4wd's store say they sell more 4wd kits than any other.
Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2006, 06:20 PM   #3
crawldit
2005 TJ Wrangler 

This is how the RE BB flexes with 31" tires.

I've started out with a BB on all three of my TJ's and then went up from there. You can usually get a good chunk of your money back on resale and it's a great size for getting used to what your rig can do. If you're going to go bigger later like I plan then save some cash and get the RE with spacers. If you're gonna keep it for a long time get the 4WD one with the 2" Coils.
crawldit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2006, 06:29 PM   #4
tjsooley

can i do the 4wd lift and then later down the line do a 1 inch coil spacer ontop of that
Unread 02-27-2006, 06:31 PM   #5
MCanavan

If you want a 2-3" coil lift go with OME, maybe a little more than what you want to spend but it's worth it IMO.
MCanavan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2006, 06:32 PM   #6
crawldit
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsooley
can i do the 4wd lift and then later down the line do a 1 inch coil spacer ontop of that
Yes
crawldit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2006, 06:40 PM   #7
Muddeprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsooley
Yup. You got a variety of ways to upgrade from the 2" coil kit. Add 1 or 2" spacers...add 1" bl.....or both for even more lift. Just gotta buy the additional parts required for some 3" and most 4" kits such as trackbars, sway links, possible sye/cv if not MML, etc....
Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2006, 06:42 PM   #8
tjsooley

cool thanks all i am going to go with the 4wd 2inch this summer
Unread 02-27-2006, 06:58 PM   #9
TJgreg
2005 TJ Wrangler 

you'd be surprised what 2" and discos can do

Unread 03-04-2006, 08:10 AM   #10
davenjeip

I'm liking the RE BB as well. For the money, it's awesome and has a great resale value if you ever want to go bigger.

Personally, I think it flexes rather well.

www.davenjeip.com
davenjeip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.