Flasher relay/electrical ground/ HELP! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Flasher relay/electrical ground/ HELP!

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 10-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #1
Finz0021
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Flasher relay/electrical ground/ HELP!

Hey all, I have a 98 wrangler with the inline 6. My flasher relay is constantly blinking with the power on. When you turn on the hazards, or a turn signal the clicking returns to its normal clicking rate, but after the signal goes off the clicking picks up to an abnormal fast rate as if i bulb was out.

What ive already tried/done:

Replaced all bulbs
WD-40 the connectors of the flasher relay
Replaced the flasher relay

What can I do next??!

Finz0021 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
Shark_13
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Multifunction switch?...just a guess.
Shark_13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #3
ob269
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Try replacing the flasher itself
ob269 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #4
Finz0021
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I already replaced the flasher. It was an EP26, and the issue didnt change. still a constant fast clicking (i can feel the clicking coming from the flasher)
Finz0021 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 11:39 PM   #5
Rubi4MyMrs
Tks 4 the upgrade MoodyJP

2005 LJ Wrangler 

No expert on this & never happened to me but I have read that that will happen when it gets wet & will continue until it drys out then it stops on it's own. I seem to remember hearing that you have had A LOT or rain up there in Boulder recently.
Rubi4MyMrs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
blinker , electrical issue , flasher , lights , relay

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.