Fixing Sag with Spacers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fixing Sag with Spacers

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-24-2011, 08:19 AM   #1
underliner6
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Fixing Sag with Spacers

Im getting ready to put on my new warn bumper and warn xd9000i winch. Im worried about my front end sagging from soo much weight. I have 4 inch springs and a 1.25" body lift. Would a 1 inch coil spacers make up for the sagging coils? Can i run a coil spacer and have body lift on my jeep at the same time? Will spacers have any negative effects on my jeep like less spring articulation? Or will the sag from the winch not be too noticeable and i should just leave it be?

Thanks for the help!

-Jim

underliner6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
MFERNICO
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Fully load up your Jeep and fill the tank. If you're still lower add a set of .75 or 1 inch spacer. No limitations.
MFERNICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 09:10 AM   #3
Cassafrass
2000 WJ 

The only real downside to spacers is that they don't provide any additional flex, which replacement springs will, your ride may suffer; but since you just want to make up for the sag from the winch on new springs I wouldn't worry about it. I'm not a fan of spacers. If your stock springs are pretty worn out or sagging. Coil spacers with shocks cost nearly as much as the springs do so if it were up to me I'd prolly get new coils.
Cassafrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #4
MFERNICO
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassafrass View Post
The only real downside to spacers is that they don't provide any additional flex, which replacement springs will, your ride may suffer; but since you just want to make up for the sag from the winch on new springs I wouldn't worry about it. I'm not a fan of spacers. If your stock springs are pretty worn out or sagging. Coil spacers with shocks cost nearly as much as the springs do so if it were up to me I'd prolly get new coils.
Well the OPs problem is leveling out an existing 4inch lift not adding a lift. I agree you don't gain articulation but that's not the point in leveling. Read the OP before offering advice on a different topic altogether, BB vs 2 inch coils.
MFERNICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 09:28 AM   #5
OR-TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by underliner6 View Post
Im getting ready to put on my new warn bumper and warn xd9000i winch. Im worried about my front end sagging from soo much weight. I have 4 inch springs and a 1.25" body lift. Would a 1 inch coil spacers make up for the sagging coils? Can i run a coil spacer and have body lift on my jeep at the same time? Will spacers have any negative effects on my jeep like less spring articulation? Or will the sag from the winch not be too noticeable and i should just leave it be?
yes you can add a 1 inch spacer to level it out. I have the exact same set up as you, 4in coils and 1.25 BL and I am planning on getting a winch soon and I will be adding a 1in spacer. So your good!
OR-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 09:54 AM   #6
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

4" lift, 1.25" BL and 1" spacers up front that I installed on my brother's Jeep.Heavy front bumper and winch.No problems.

TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 09:59 AM   #7
underliner6
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome guys! Thanks for the help, i appreciate it!
underliner6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bumper , coil spacers , sag , winch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.