First Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > First Jeep

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsEnd of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 08-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
dirtydeeds07

First Jeep

I am in the process of looking for my first jeep. I wanted to post the link and get some help and opinions. Is the price right, is it worth it, what to look or check for. Any input would be great, thanks to everyone.
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?
listingId=123434561

dirtydeeds07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
IslandHopper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

It's a dealership, so they expect to sell it for less than the list price.

It's 16 years old with 160k miles ... so you expect it to have SOME problems.

Michigan = rust ... that's a big turn-off for ME, but... it is what it is.

It's been "lifted", so you'd want to check out what parts and how well it appears to have been done ... it's not a bad thing, it's what people do with Jeeps... it might work great or it could be a source of headaches till you get it sorted.

Hard to give much of an opinion based on a dealers ad, but it could certainly be a good deal. The price seems fair to me if it runs well and the rust is minimal... If it were me I'd also do a compression test before I bought it. (At 160k miles, that's a reasonable request.)
IslandHopper is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.