Finally... Rig Pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Finally... Rig Pics

RCV Axles at CCORPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-14-2004, 10:25 AM   #1
NCjeeps

Finally... Rig Pics

I got my AR767's installed with my 32x11.5" Mickey Thompson Baja MTX's finally installed. Here are some pics:

Okay, and finally, a question. As you can see, I used the factory spare tire mount. As you can see in the next picture, there's a gap between the rubber bumpers and the tire due to the backspacing on the new wheels. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks for looking.

Andy

'99 Flame Red Wrangler Sport - "Ol' Red"

Banks header, RE 2" BB, JKS Discos, 32x11.5 Mickey Thompson Baja Radial MTXs, 15x8 AR767, LOD Swing-out, busted knuckes, etc.
NCjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2004, 10:42 AM   #2
jeeptoplesstx

Looks good man, what do you care about the spacing though? I would leave it...my old jeep had that...never really cared about it
Unread 02-14-2004, 10:44 AM   #3
young yeller
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Andy. Jeep looks great! I ran into the same problem when I upped to 32s and put my spare relocator bracket on which pushed the tire away from the tire rubber bumpers. First of all, fix this quick because now all the stress isn't being distributed and is going to tweak the center carrier bracket itself untill your tailgate bends outward or the carrier itslef rips right off. I bought a 1'x1'x1.5" slab of rubber and cut it into pieces that I could drill holes into and use as spacers behind the original rubber bumpers. I didn't wan't to buy new ones from DC, but I've heard you can do that too and just stack 'em (if that's how much distance you need). In your case you may not need that much- but you definitely need something there to distribute all that weight.

Hope this helps.

Jim
Yellow Jeep Club Member #5
young yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2004, 10:59 AM   #4
NCjeeps

Where'd you buy the rubber?

Banks header, RE 2" BB, JKS Discos, 32x11.5 Mickey Thompson Baja Radial MTXs, 15x8 AR767, LOD Swing-out, busted knuckes, etc.
Unread 02-14-2004, 11:45 AM   #5
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I think this is exactly what you're looking for:

http://www.4x4xplor.com/spare-bumpstops.html
thejafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2004, 11:47 AM   #6
young yeller
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Where'd you buy the rubber?
Well, that might be a little harder to come by. This was when we lived in Salinas, CA and I was referred to a plant in the industrial section of the city that actually processed and sold all types of rubber/neoprene/gaskets and stuff, and even though they didn't normally sell slabs in the small size I needed, they made an exception. Guess I should've addressed that.

Jim
Yellow Jeep Club Member #5
young yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2004, 11:51 AM   #7
StuckInMuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCjeeps
I got my AR767's installed with my 32x11.5" Mickey Thompson Baja MTX's finally installed. Here are some pics:

Thanks for looking.

Andy

looks good... I would have personally put the white walls in having black rims and all but to each his own

What made yah go with the mickey thompsons?

http://www.jeepanywhere.com/
StuckInMuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2004, 12:48 PM   #8
NCjeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInMuck
looks good... I would have personally put the white walls in having black rims and all but to each his own

What made yah go with the mickey thompsons?
Hey Stuck -

No I agree with you. I didn't realize I'd done it that way until I'd mounted, filled and balanced all five. That stupid blue stuff screwed me up. That and I obviously wasn't paying much attention on the mounting machine.... I'm just happy I didn't do some one way and some the other. Note to self for next time. I might eventually change these when I rotate the tires. Of course, I think the White Mickey Thompson looks pretty cool tho.

I've always like Mickey's ever since I was a kid around my dad's hot rods. What actually sold me on these was the price. I got them for 119 apiece and did as much research as I could but was unable to find anything bad about them. They ride great, low noise, all in all, I'm very happy with the mickeys.

Unread 02-15-2004, 08:46 AM   #9
Parrothead

Hey NC, looks good man! Are you really in NC and if so, where? I might have a good place to get the rubber if your close enough.

[COLOR=navy]'97 Sport 4.0 - 5spd[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]Blue Jeep Club Member #69[/COLOR]
BFG M/T 31-10.5
Tow hooks on front
[COLOR=yellow]KC Slimlights[/COLOR]
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2004, 09:09 AM   #10
NCjeeps

Thanks Parrot! I work in Fayetteville, but am in Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill all the time. Winston Salem isn't too far a trip for a weekend...

Unread 02-15-2004, 09:34 AM   #11
Parrothead

Cool. I work at a sheet metal shop in Thomasville and we use a company called "Southern Rubber" in Greensboro for the rubber sheeting that we use. How thick of a spacer do you need? You also might be able to find something in a Grainger or MSC catalog.

[COLOR=navy]'97 Sport 4.0 - 5spd[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]Blue Jeep Club Member #69[/COLOR]
BFG M/T 31-10.5
Tow hooks on front
[COLOR=yellow]KC Slimlights[/COLOR]
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2004, 10:02 AM   #12
orangetj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

looks great
how do you like those tires and wheels?
orangetj05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2004, 10:33 AM   #13
NCjeeps

04TJ -

I like them alot so far. What caught my eye originally was the price though. At $39 a wheel and 119 a tire, it was too good to pass up.

Unread 02-15-2004, 05:57 PM   #14
9jeep0

Man!!! I had to go out in the garage to see if my jeep was still in there

Nice looking jeep I love how a red jeep looks with black wheels on them.

Here's mine

[color=red]RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #14[/color]
2006 TJ 4.0
1987 MJ 4.0
9jeep0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2004, 06:05 PM   #15
NCjeeps

I also like the look of ONLY red and black. No silver/chrome. You got good taste man.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.