Finally, Pics of CB install, Rock Ready bracket,Stabilizer and HI LIFT install. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Finally, Pics of CB install, Rock Ready bracket,Stabilizer and HI LIFT install.

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRoad Race Motorsports Stage 2 Power Pack

Unread 01-31-2004, 06:36 PM   #1
franco802

Finally, Pics of CB install, Rock Ready bracket,Stabilizer and HI LIFT install.

Ok everyone. Here are the pics with completed install of CB radio, antenna bracket (rock ready), stabilizer and Hi Lift jack on the rear bumper.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cod...&.dnm=a4a6.jpg

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cod...&.dnm=4494.jpg

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cod...&.dnm=42e9.jpg

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cod...&.dnm=e207.jpg

BTW, the guy in the backround throwing trash away is not me. My dad happen to be caught in the photo.

04' X, 5 speed, 4.0L,hardtop,kilby PS armor,Warn rock guards,2"RE BB w/DT3000 shocks, hi-lift jack,15x8 Black crawlers with 31x10.5 Procomp X-Terrains, Hurst short throw shifter Hella 500's offroad AND driving lights . Warn X8000i winch w/ Tomken mounting plate
White Jeep Club member #802
FOLLOW ME TO CERTAIN DEATH JEEP CLUB MEMEBER #21
SoCal Jeep Club Member #4
2006 GTO & 1986 K5 Blazer

Last edited by franco802; 01-31-2004 at 06:54 PM..
franco802 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2004, 06:41 PM   #2
Scootr
2007 JK Wrangler 

Nice clean installs...good job!!!!

[B] 2007 JK "X" 2dr [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Jeep Green[/COLOR],auto, 4.10's, 6 disc Infinity system with sub, 32's w/Pro Comp Xtreme Alloy Series 8179 wheels, Smittybilt SRC side bars,Sirius 1 unit, Magellan Maestro 3100 GPS . Former Jeeps...02 and 05 TJ Sports
[COLOR="Red"]SEMPER FI ![/COLOR]
[/B]
Scootr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2004, 07:27 PM   #3
Jeeper-4-Life

Is that the only good place to mount the CB unit? Also, I've seen other Jeeps have the antenna mounted between the spare and the back window...who makes the bracket for this?
Jeeper-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2004, 08:12 PM   #4
franco802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper-4-Life
Is that the only good place to mount the CB unit? Also, I've seen other Jeeps have the antenna mounted between the spare and the back window...who makes the bracket for this?
I mounted the CB there because I never use the coin dispenser or the little pocket next to it, it is useless for me. Also, I shifted through all the gears, attached my cell phone power cord to the 12V outlet to make sure nothing hits. As far as the bracket for the antenna goes, I was going to mount it in the middle on the spare tire holder but didn't really like the look, so i went with the tail light bracket made by ROCK READY.
04' X, 5 speed, 4.0L,hardtop,kilby PS armor,Warn rock guards,2"RE BB w/DT3000 shocks, hi-lift jack,15x8 Black crawlers with 31x10.5 Procomp X-Terrains, Hurst short throw shifter Hella 500's offroad AND driving lights . Warn X8000i winch w/ Tomken mounting plate
Unread 01-31-2004, 08:54 PM   #5
BigWaylon
tubework is cool...

only thing I'd change is to get rid of the Rough Country sticker...I have the same stabilizer, but never installed the sticker on it or the shocks...

Greg
BigWaylon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2004, 09:58 PM   #6
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

You are going to regret putting that hi lift on the rear bumper. If you ever go off road it will act like a plow and dig right into the ground. I've seen them ripped right off from the same position.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2004, 09:59 PM   #7
Owen

Quote:
Originally Posted by igofshn
You are going to regret putting that hi lift on the rear bumper. If you ever go off road it will act like a plow and dig right into the ground. I've seen them ripped right off from the same position.
my thoughts exactly.. its a bad spot for it... front and rear bumper mounts become rock magnets...
Unread 01-31-2004, 11:20 PM   #8
ncragains

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUGGLER
my thoughts exactly.. its a bad spot for it... front and rear bumper mounts become rock magnets...
Where do you suggest mounting it?
ncragains is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2004, 11:26 PM   #9
JPWheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper-4-Life
Actually, you can. There is a good write-up here:

http://www.4x4xplor.com/antennamount.html

I followed that write-up and am very pleased with the results. The antenna looks good mounted there (IMHO anyway) and making the mount was fairly easy to do.

Jon

2000 TJ Sport - Forest Green - 4.0L I6 5-Speed, Soft top, Stock D30/35c, 3.73's, RE 2" BB, 1"BL, MML, 32x11.5 BFG M/T's, 15x8 Unique black steelies, JKS QD's, Hanson 52" front, Jeeperman rear bumper/tire carrier, Jeeperman Trail Skidz, Warn 9.5ti w/ Viking Trail Line synthetic rope, Roundeyes H4 headlight conversion, 130w KC SlimLite Titanium Fogs, Pioneer HU w/ iPod integration, Cobra CB w/ Firestik II, Husky floor liners front & rear, Wet Okole neoprene seat covers FTL!

Green Jeep Club Member #80
Colorado Jeep Club Member #58

DD:
98 BMW M3 Coupe, Arctic Silver, 3.2L I6, 5-speed
JPWheeler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2004, 11:45 PM   #10
tAcHiTuP

not to rain on your parade but i'd move the hi-jack too. i hate my u haul trailer hitch on the rear - all it does is plow snow and get mud stuck in the receiver(works good for towing out my buddys quick though). i'd put it on the front bumper unless you have a winch up there???
tAcHiTuP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2004, 11:51 PM   #11
franco802

Quote:
Originally Posted by tAcHiTuP
not to rain on your parade but i'd move the hi-jack too. i hate my u haul trailer hitch on the rear - all it does is plow snow and get mud stuck in the receiver(works good for towing out my buddys quick though). i'd put it on the front bumper unless you have a winch up there???
That's exactly why I mounted it on the rear, I am going to add a winch in the future.
Unread 02-01-2004, 12:04 AM   #12
Owen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncragains
Where do you suggest mounting it?

Inside the jeep so it doesn't get ruined outside. they are dangerous enough clean an new... rusty and damaged from rocks and mud is a bad idea.
Unread 02-01-2004, 01:44 PM   #13
ddtj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Somebody asked about the antenna mount.

I'm gonna move mine off my bumper I think, so I'm kinda interested in where you got yours, too. Looks like it mounts behind the tail light assembly. Did you fab it yourself, or can you buy one someplace?
ddtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2004, 08:53 PM   #14
Savage4x4

that hi lift looks pretty sharp, what all is involved in re painting? Mine needs it bad. pm me if you want.
Savage4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2004, 11:26 PM   #15
ncragains

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUGGLER
Inside the jeep so it doesn't get ruined outside. they are dangerous enough clean an new... rusty and damaged from rocks and mud is a bad idea.
Do you have pics of how you mounted your hi-lift inside? That might help...
ncragains is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.