Filling / smoothing holes is factory roll bar. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Filling / smoothing holes is factory roll bar.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 07-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #1
rkwfxd
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Filling / smoothing holes is factory roll bar.

Have any of you tried to fill and / or smooth out the holes in the factory roll bar? The biggest ones look to be where the shoulder belts mount. I'd like to fill in those holes, smooth things out and re-paint and I am looking for suggestions. They look to deep to use bondo but maybe fiberglass? Any ideas?

Thanks

rkwfxd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2010, 10:29 PM   #2
bddisi
1997 TJ Wrangler 

A buddy of mine put round headed bolts in his and welded them out with a mig welder. Then flapper disc them out smooth and painted. They look like they were never there.
Unread 07-20-2010, 10:39 PM   #3
rkwfxd
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
A buddy of mine put round headed bolts in his and welded them out with a mig welder. Then flapper disc them out smooth and painted. They look like they were never there.
This is a pretty good idea. I was thinking of filling them with the MIG but by the size of the holes I was also thinking it would be a whole lot of wire and time and heat into the tube. Never even thought of starting with a bolt
Unread 07-21-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
rkwfxd
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Bump before this gets buried under pages of more important stuff.

Has anyone here actually done this and does any one have any ideas /experience with fiberglass or bondo or something else?

Thanks again.

Tags
fill , fillling , holes , rollcage , rollbar , suggestion , help , TJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.