a few questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > a few questions

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 01-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
MMarty

a few questions

Hi all, been awhile. I just bought a 04 tj for a toy. I just ordered a 2.5 spring lift from jeepoutfitters and got a set of moab wheels. I don't know what size tire yet but am thinking 285s. At what point do I HAVE to have a slip yoke eliminator and adjustable track bar. Also do you think I can get away with the stock control arms and steering. This is my first tj so any input will be appreciated. Thanks.

MMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
durango-bob
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You should be good with the stock driveshaft with that size lift. I have run TJ's with 4" of lift and was able to get rid of the vibs with a tcase drop of almost 2". The stock arms should also be OK with a 2.5" lift.
durango-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
MMarty

Thanks, believe it or not I am trying to keep this rig low budjet. I'm even going to repaint with dupli color paint shop system.
MMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
1999TJRED85000

x2 ... what he said.

I've got a 4" lift and I was able to get a smooth running Jeep by using a transfer case lowering bracket. It saved money for now. (Until I spring for the YSE and DS or wear out my CV joint, whichever comes first) With a 2.5" lift, you should be okay, especially with 285/70RXX tires. They're only 11 inches wide (same as mine) and if you choose a good tire, that will eliminate a lot of the vibrations too.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.