FEBRUARY TJ of THE MONTH WINNER!! Bennettj13 IS THE WINNER!! - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > FEBRUARY TJ of THE MONTH WINNER!! Bennettj13 IS THE WINNER!!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 03-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #61
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like those lockers would have made it easier in that situation

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 10:18 PM   #62
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Looks like those lockers would have made it easier in that situation
The rear was locked, the front was open. It would have been much easier. Plus, I'm used to running in 4hi out of necessity, I only put it in 4lo once or twice all day. It's habit.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 10:20 PM   #63
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
The rear was locked, the front was open. It would have been much easier. Plus, I'm used to running in 4hi out of necessity, I only put it in 4lo once or twice all day. It's habit.
I hear you on the 4hi. I find it a pain to get it into 4lo, and most of the time the torque converter makes up for the little extra bit of gearing.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 05:34 AM   #64
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I used to have to run 4hi because of the 31" street tires it had when I bought it. It is a completely different jeep now. It drives different, runs different, nothing is the same. I'm having to re-learn it.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 03-25-2010, 04:27 AM   #65
gecko5
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice Job James and congrads.... Glad to see it worked out on the positive for ya!!!
gecko5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 10:12 PM   #66
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko5 View Post
Nice Job James and congrads.... Glad to see it worked out on the positive for ya!!!
Thanks man, even with all the bs, it was still worth it. I just hope it doesn't die out before TJOTY. I want to get a calendar with me in it. I've got this years up in my garage, I'd like to see a month or so with my own rig. And know that guys all over America are drinking beer in their garage one month and thinking, "****, that's a nice Jeep."

As an update to anyone interested, I've actually been out beating on my Jeep since the contest. I had the "poser" shots from playing in the rock garden at 4wp before for the contest, but I've actually been wheeling lately. Videos and pics in the IndyORV trail report and in my build thread. Thursday's videos are going up in the morning. Enjoy. Oh, and I'm a sailor, so there's a few swearwords. You've been warned.

Unread 03-29-2010, 05:23 AM   #67
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Now that my month is up, I want to say thanks again for the votes and support in TJOTM. You all helped me beat a good group of rigs. TJOTY is right around the corner though and I can't wait. Keep voting, and keep submitting.

Feel free to click the link in my sig for my build thread to keep tabs on my progress through the rest of the year. I've got a few more tricks up my sleeve yet.

Unread 03-29-2010, 10:44 AM   #68
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Do something with your avatar.

You've been warned!

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 10:59 AM   #69
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex View Post
Do something with your avatar.

You've been warned!
Avatars are overrated. Viva lowrider stockers! Remember your roots.

Unread 03-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #70
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Avatars are overrated. Viva lowrider stockers! Remember your roots.
I only have two pictures of my Jeep stock. Not much to remember. But to each their own. Your avatar just sucks

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.