FEBRUARY TJ of THE MONTH WINNER!! Bennettj13 IS THE WINNER!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > FEBRUARY TJ of THE MONTH WINNER!! Bennettj13 IS THE WINNER!!

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 03-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

FEBRUARY TJ of THE MONTH WINNER!! Bennettj13 IS THE WINNER!!

Congrats to James

Bennettj13
James Bennett

Modifications:
Engine: I6 w/ Brown Dog 1" bracket/MML
Transmission: 42RLE 4 speed Auto
Transfer Case: NP231 W/ JB Conversions Super Short SYE, Dakota Digital Box, Tom Woods Rear DS
Front Axle: TNT Trussed JK Rubicon High Pinion Dana 44 w/ Factory Locker
Rear Axle: TNT Trussed JK Rubicon Dana 44 w/ Factory Locker
Axle Gear Ratio: Motive/Precision 5.13's
Steering: ORO TRU-Turn JK Steering, TNT Customs 1 Ton Draglink
Suspension: 1.25" JKS BL, TNT's LA (Dual Triangulated 4-Link Rear, Y-Link Radius Front), 4.5" Front / 3" Rear AEV Coils, RC 2.2 Shocks (Outboarded In The Rear), Tom Woods Rear DS/Yoke Adapters
Tires: 35 x 12.50 R17 Pitbull Radial Rockers
Wheels: 17" JK Rubicon Moabs
Recovery: Warn M8000 Winch W/ Nasty Wire Rope, 30' Snatch Strap, 2 10k Tow Hooks
Armor: TNT 4.5" Front/Rear Tubes, High Clearance Modular Bellypan, and Sliders W/ Tube, ROKMEN Steering Box, Genright Windshield Guards, Riddler Diff Covers
Accessories: Cobra CB W/ External Speaker, 4' Firestik, Manual SwayLOC, LED Lights, Flowmaster Delta Series Exhaust
Future Mods Within The Next Month: MCAI, Wheel Spacers, Ford F350 Front Shock Towers, Train Horns w/ Trucker Lanyard , Viair OBA, And Either Rancho RS9000's, or Bilstein 5150's (haven't decided yet, heh).

Story:
Hrm, well... I've always wanted a Wrangler. My buddy Rod got a Cherokee, and then my buddy Jerry got his first TJ, and I caved. My wife and I, got our Jeep stock, and were out beating on it the first night. Within 5 hours, it was covered in mud so thick you couldn't barely see the beautiful Impact Orange color. I learned the evil of mud that first evening. Unfortunately, in Indiana it's impossible to not wheel in mud at some point throughout the day. I wheeled every chance I had up until the fall of 2008; first as the "Paper Plate Avenger" because I was wheeling before I ever had actual plates, and later as "The Pumpkinator". Once the wife started calling it that, it stuck. I was given orders and sent overseas for a few months shy of a year after that. My wife of 5 months stuck it out, and stood by me the whole time as I shipped parts to the house from all over the US and filled our garage. My goal was to build a Jeep I could run the piss out of on 35's.
I wanted it to be as bulletproof as possible, so I skipped things like bumpers and lights like most people do first, and went straight for the bigger, more important stuff (to me) since I knew I'd never have money like that to throw at the Jeep again. I spent months on spotty internet connections, and making international phone calls when I could, getting everything set up. I talked with a lot of vendors, and really got to know Mike Greene, owner of Pitbull Tires, and the guys at TNT Customs. They really took care of me, and still are. I can't tell you how many times I've been on the phone with them figuring stuff out. After I got home, my buddies (Hot_Rod_Hooligan, Imped4now, recoil101, rkates, and Gribbles) all helped me in some way building the Jeep. My goal was to get it done in the first month back, but I was a bit naive to think that would actually happen. I got back about 5 months ago now, and aside from my "poser" shots. I've yet to go and actually wheel the hell out of the Jeep the way I've wanted to (though playing in the rock garden for my pics about flopped me lol). Soon though, soon. Spyder6 and I have been going back and forth for a while now about my entry, and finally he talked me into entering with my poser shots. I just hope they are good enough. lol I've still got some work to do, and some kinks to work out, so even if I don't make it this month, I'll be back eventually. Hope you all enjoy the pics. I had to scuff my brand new paint (which was hard enough, and then bent my brand new tie rod) to get them! Why else would you have a Jeep though? lol All the times I went wheeling before I deployed, I was lucky and never once got any trail damage aside from blowing a few beads. Just posting poser pics I managed to get more damage than I ever did before. Hopefully this isn't a sign. Without further ado, here's my beastie... The Pumpkinator.

Pictures:

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats James!

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #3
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

congrats, i love that rig!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
EugeneTheTJ
You want some respect?

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats James
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #5
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

As a former judge, and as a participant. Thank you all for voting. We wouldn't even have a tjotm without you guys. Extra thanks to everyone that voted for me. You guys rock!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #6
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats buddy, you deserved it!

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #7
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats! Very nice rig! Now you need to take some time off and head for Moab for EJS and hit the trails with me. I will be running one day with the guy who designed your (and my) suspension system.
Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #8
mdywglr4x4
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats. Maybe March is more my month...

Do we resubmit every month?
Unread 03-02-2010, 06:52 PM   #9
muddernaught
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Grats dood! nice TJ!
muddernaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #10
Kuchmeister
1998 ZJ 

A well deserved win!

Congratulations!
Kuchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 07:08 PM   #11
99TJSahara
1999 TJ Wrangler 

congradulayshuns
Well deserved win.
99 Wrangler Sahara-sold
99TJSahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #12
Elwood
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Congrats on the win, you have a great rig!
Unread 03-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #13
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks everyone. I appreciate it.

Idaho, I won't be out there this year, I'm planning on next year though. Have fun with Bob and the boys.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 07:32 PM   #14
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats you have a great lookin rig..everytime I see those black moabs I want them
Jay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #15
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome Jeep, congrats James.

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.