JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   FEBRUARY TJ of THE MONTH WINNER!! Bennettj13 IS THE WINNER!! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-winner-bennettj13-winner-983057/)

spyder6 03-02-2010 05:48 PM

FEBRUARY TJ of THE MONTH WINNER!! Bennettj13 IS THE WINNER!!

Congrats to James :cheers2:

Bennettj13
James Bennett

Modifications:
Engine: I6 w/ Brown Dog 1" bracket/MML
Transmission: 42RLE 4 speed Auto
Transfer Case: NP231 W/ JB Conversions Super Short SYE, Dakota Digital Box, Tom Woods Rear DS
Front Axle: TNT Trussed JK Rubicon High Pinion Dana 44 w/ Factory Locker
Rear Axle: TNT Trussed JK Rubicon Dana 44 w/ Factory Locker
Axle Gear Ratio: Motive/Precision 5.13's
Steering: ORO TRU-Turn JK Steering, TNT Customs 1 Ton Draglink
Suspension: 1.25" JKS BL, TNT's LA (Dual Triangulated 4-Link Rear, Y-Link Radius Front), 4.5" Front / 3" Rear AEV Coils, RC 2.2 Shocks (Outboarded In The Rear), Tom Woods Rear DS/Yoke Adapters
Tires: 35 x 12.50 R17 Pitbull Radial Rockers
Wheels: 17" JK Rubicon Moabs
Recovery: Warn M8000 Winch W/ Nasty Wire Rope, 30' Snatch Strap, 2 10k Tow Hooks
Armor: TNT 4.5" Front/Rear Tubes, High Clearance Modular Bellypan, and Sliders W/ Tube, ROKMEN Steering Box, Genright Windshield Guards, Riddler Diff Covers
Accessories: Cobra CB W/ External Speaker, 4' Firestik, Manual SwayLOC, LED Lights, Flowmaster Delta Series Exhaust
Future Mods Within The Next Month: MCAI, Wheel Spacers, Ford F350 Front Shock Towers, Train Horns w/ Trucker Lanyard ;), Viair OBA, And Either Rancho RS9000's, or Bilstein 5150's (haven't decided yet, heh).

Story:
Hrm, well... I've always wanted a Wrangler. My buddy Rod got a Cherokee, and then my buddy Jerry got his first TJ, and I caved. My wife and I, got our Jeep stock, and were out beating on it the first night. Within 5 hours, it was covered in mud so thick you couldn't barely see the beautiful Impact Orange color. I learned the evil of mud that first evening. Unfortunately, in Indiana it's impossible to not wheel in mud at some point throughout the day. I wheeled every chance I had up until the fall of 2008; first as the "Paper Plate Avenger" because I was wheeling before I ever had actual plates, and later as "The Pumpkinator". Once the wife started calling it that, it stuck. I was given orders and sent overseas for a few months shy of a year after that. My wife of 5 months stuck it out, and stood by me the whole time as I shipped parts to the house from all over the US and filled our garage. My goal was to build a Jeep I could run the piss out of on 35's.
I wanted it to be as bulletproof as possible, so I skipped things like bumpers and lights like most people do first, and went straight for the bigger, more important stuff (to me) since I knew I'd never have money like that to throw at the Jeep again. I spent months on spotty internet connections, and making international phone calls when I could, getting everything set up. I talked with a lot of vendors, and really got to know Mike Greene, owner of Pitbull Tires, and the guys at TNT Customs. They really took care of me, and still are. I can't tell you how many times I've been on the phone with them figuring stuff out. After I got home, my buddies (Hot_Rod_Hooligan, Imped4now, recoil101, rkates, and Gribbles) all helped me in some way building the Jeep. My goal was to get it done in the first month back, but I was a bit naive to think that would actually happen. I got back about 5 months ago now, and aside from my "poser" shots. I've yet to go and actually wheel the hell out of the Jeep the way I've wanted to (though playing in the rock garden for my pics about flopped me lol). Soon though, soon. Spyder6 and I have been going back and forth for a while now about my entry, and finally he talked me into entering with my poser shots. I just hope they are good enough. lol I've still got some work to do, and some kinks to work out, so even if I don't make it this month, I'll be back eventually. Hope you all enjoy the pics. I had to scuff my brand new paint (which was hard enough, and then bent my brand new tie rod) to get them! Why else would you have a Jeep though? lol All the times I went wheeling before I deployed, I was lucky and never once got any trail damage aside from blowing a few beads. Just posting poser pics I managed to get more damage than I ever did before. Hopefully this isn't a sign. Without further ado, here's my beastie... The Pumpkinator.

Pictures:

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/DSCF2587.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...0/IMG_0173.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...0/IMG_0174.jpg

Jeffro06 03-02-2010 05:51 PM

Congrats James!

jeepinmichguy_ 03-02-2010 06:02 PM

congrats, i love that rig!!!!!

EugeneTheTJ 03-02-2010 06:03 PM

Congrats James :thumbsup:

Bennettj13 03-02-2010 06:07 PM

As a former judge, and as a participant. Thank you all for voting. We wouldn't even have a tjotm without you guys. Extra thanks to everyone that voted for me. You guys rock!

2006_Sport 03-02-2010 06:28 PM

Congrats buddy, you deserved it! :2thumbsup:

Idaho-Jeep 03-02-2010 06:47 PM

Congrats! Very nice rig! Now you need to take some time off and head for Moab for EJS and hit the trails with me. I will be running one day with the guy who designed your (and my) suspension system.

mdywglr4x4 03-02-2010 06:48 PM

Congrats. Maybe March is more my month...

Do we resubmit every month?

muddernaught 03-02-2010 06:52 PM

Grats dood! nice TJ!

Kuchmeister 03-02-2010 07:01 PM

A well deserved win!

Congratulations!

99TJSahara 03-02-2010 07:08 PM

congradulayshuns
Well deserved win.

Elwood 03-02-2010 07:12 PM

Congrats on the win, you have a great rig!

Bennettj13 03-02-2010 07:17 PM

Thanks everyone. I appreciate it.

Idaho, I won't be out there this year, I'm planning on next year though. Have fun with Bob and the boys.

Jay12 03-02-2010 07:32 PM

Congrats you have a great lookin rig..everytime I see those black moabs I want them

Apex 03-02-2010 10:24 PM

Awesome Jeep, congrats James.

The time now is 04:59 AM.