February TJ of the Month - Vote Now!!! - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > February TJ of the Month - Vote Now!!!

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

View Poll Results: February TJ of the Month
mdywglr4x4 42 18.03%
Member Disqualified. Votes here will not count 0 0%
LSU_TJ 33 14.16%
Bennettj13 69 29.61%
Elwood 12 5.15%
ZRubicon 14 6.01%
newracer 41 17.60%
QuickSilverCon 3 1.29%
Ultimate CC 14 6.01%
alecmcmahon 5 2.15%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 02-20-2010, 04:26 PM   #136
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkel View Post
Wow, this is crazy!! I did not see Will's thread over on Pirate, that being said, I would have to believe that he did not violate the rules as they are written. unless there is evidence (not hearsay) to the contrary, his votes should be reinstated immediately!

Greg
the thread was unfortunately deleted less than an hour after it was created by the Pirate admins. like previously said in this thread, it appears that no one on pirate really likes JF at all. they were threatening to ban me for "spamming about my website"

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2010, 04:31 PM   #137
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I saw the post on Pirate and he did not say to vote for him. Pirate doesnt like JF because, gosh, we bolt stuff on. We arnt the almighty creators.
DBLJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2010, 04:32 PM   #138
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sean- View Post
I want all of the judges to post their personal opinions right here in the thread, no PMing BS.
Alright...fine...i hate BS drama tho, so I'm only throwing this out there once.
  • To post on another forum about JeepForum is isn't necessarily a bad thing.
  • To say "Vote for me" by travelling to another forum is pretty damn low.
  • To say "Vote for the TJ of the Month" by travelling another forum is fine. Drums up business and interest in JeepForum. Sweet.

I first came to this forum from another forum Jeeps-Offroad.com...where Jerry used to frequent with the same avatar. I visit Colorado4x4.org, Pirate4x4, ExpeditionPortal and a host of others. I admin two other forums unrelated to Jeeps (they're pretty dead now tho), and used to admin several game servers.

Now if new members from said other forum vote for their buddy who happens to be a well liked admin of that forum, then its a conflict of interest and it sucks, but guess what - thats life. It's not a contestant's fault said new members don't read the selection and choose their vote based on their own accord. Is it playing favorites? You bet. Should anything be done about it? Nope.

Since I doubt you can put spyder's votes back, and you certainly can't give him the time back or repair his image, theres three ways to handle this:
  1. Keep the contest going the way it is.
  2. Close the contest, call it off and try again next month. Start fresh, caulk this up to BS.
  3. Close this poll, open a new one without spyder as an option. "Top 9" if you will.

Personally, I'd go with #2.

But hey, keep in mind ***** happens, get on with life. Its only the internet and a stupid JeepForum contest originally intended for fun.

EDIT: ok...I didnt see this till now
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
the thread was unfortunately deleted less than an hour after it was created by the Pirate admins. like previously said in this thread, it appears that no one on pirate really likes JF at all. they were threatening to ban me for "spamming about my website"
That is absolutely absurd. thats why I don't like Pirate4x4 in additon to the high-and-mighty-better-than-everyone-else attitude. there is no reason to NOT link external forums. Internet = wealth of knowledge. Why starve knowledge? I also hate how JeepForum blocks ROF links - same principle.

Last edited by Unlimited04; 02-20-2010 at 04:45 PM..
Unlimited04 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2010, 04:34 PM   #139
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

FWIW (probably not all that much ) here's my two cents. Since it was posted on Jeep/offroad websites, I don't think it is that big of a deal. I'm on a JetSki/PWC forum, if I were in the contest and went over there and said "Hey come over here and vote for your favorite Jeep" and you had a bunch of people who didn't know anything about Jeeps and/or offroading in general that were over here voting, then yeah, I would have an issue with that. But since he didn't ask for specific votes for him and seems to have posted on websites that have knowledgeable members that appreciate what goes into these rigs and can actually vote based on more than just "I like that one because its pretty" , I don't think he should have been disqualified.
Dmcastino is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2010, 04:48 PM   #140
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLJ View Post
I saw the post on Pirate and he did not say to vote for him. Pirate doesnt like JF because, gosh, we bolt stuff on. We arnt the almighty creators.
Spyder never said vote for me ont hat thread, hell they were to busy bashing him to even come vote, i think the issue came up since he was in the running of ROTM and his name is the same over there as here, several people even said that was convienent of him to do so. now if his name was something else over there and he was saying come vote over here then i dont think we would have this discussion
Unread 02-20-2010, 04:50 PM   #141
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I think Unlimited's option #2 is what should happen. I can understand that he was just putting out the word. There is nothing wrong with that. I do find it funny that there were some voters that had 0-10 posts, but still, nothing wrong with that. This contest is for fun, and it shouldn't be associated with such drama.

I do love the threads that say, hey... go to this link and vote for this person so that they can win some great prize. The only real prize here is a nice spot on a fancy calendar.

Also, Dmcastino is right. Spyder spread the word in a place where there is knowledge of Jeeps/4x4s. If he went to say a computer forum where he has the same name... people would only go to vote for him since they know him.

Will, James, sorry you guys had to go through all of this.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2010, 04:57 PM   #142
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
I do find it funny that there were some voters that had 0-10 posts, but still, nothing wrong with that.
like my brother who owns a cherokee and reads the forum all the time, but never posts because i answer all his questions for him? or UCTJ who ive helped with questions on the Rokmen skidplate or even CAS300D who came to me asking questions about his jeep and now has a fully outfitted extremely well built rig?

people like that who dont post? give me a break.

i think i fit into that category of "no idea who you are" on Pirate i have 7 posts, on ROF i have 5? maybe? who the hell am i to them?

Unread 02-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #143
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

one last thing to add -

I'd request a contestant NEVER be removed from a poll again without consulting the judges. Close the thread and have a VOTE amongst the judges - highlighting what rules have been broken, with links and supporting evidence as to why the contestant should be disqualified. You can reopen the thread once the issue has been resolved based on a VOTE by the JUDGES.

And if the contest administrator doesn't have the power to Close and Lock a thread, then maybe the contest administrator should be a JF admin.

my 0.02.
Unlimited04 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2010, 05:00 PM   #144
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just close this thread, start it over. Lesson learned.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2010, 05:06 PM   #145
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

nothing can be done to restore what has happened, there arnt enough days left in the contest. not to mention there are still people out there that think im a cheater.

that said the judges should decide (Digitalcox, wheelin98TJ,Rubiconrazorbac, Idaho-Jeep, Unlimited04, SuperWade2, QuickSilverCon) (and -sean-, since the month isnt out yet)

Unread 02-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #146
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 02-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #147
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
nothing can be done to restore what has happened, there arnt enough days left in the contest. not to mention there are still people out there that think im a cheater.

that said the judges should decide (Digitalcox, wheelin98TJ,Rubiconrazorbac, Idaho-Jeep, Unlimited04, SuperWade2, QuickSilverCon) (and -sean-, since the month isnt out yet)
Wow, I didn't know what I was getting myself into... oh the drama...

I think My Jeep should just be declared Feb TJOTM... I kid, I kid...

Being the new guy, I don't know if my voice carry's the same weight...but I say shut it down now and either squeeze 2 contests into March or something... It's not fair to the guys that entered, not fair to the winner, and I don't know all the details (since nobody bothered to check with the "Judges" before everything went down), but possibly not fair to Spyder who got booted without a full review.

The guy who wins is going to feel crappy because we won under "special circumstances"... I know guys take this very seriously (maybe too much so), but it's not like we are talking life and death here. It's a "FUN" contest...all of the drama makes it less so for everyone.

Just my $.02's
Sw2
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2010, 05:27 PM   #148
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

ya, this is the second time in just a few months that something like this has happened.....makes TJOTM kinda lame. I dont think anyone would want to win this way.

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #149
mdywglr4x4
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Let's be honest. 1 guy is out and Bennett obviously cheated somehow but I don't know how. So that leaves me in a distant 2 place for the win! Game over!

roflmao

Anyways as a very new member and not much clout I don't think you should be posting it outside of jeepforum and the reasoning behind it is this. 1st isn't it a 'JF TJ of the Month'? It would seem to be that way as you have to be on this forum to enter. Posting outside of here is almost an invite to vote for yourself to win and it really sort of 'sways/skews' the results in my opinion. To be honest if I posted this up on bimmerforums Off-Topic it would quickly blow up... kind of takes away from the competition IMO.

With that said Spyder and Bennett have the 2 best this month and their votes were very close. Why not kill it and start over? We still have 8 days to vote in February...
Unread 02-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #150
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

It is a tough call as I don't have all the facts, but from what I have read here it is hard for me to Justify DQing Will. I have to assume digitalcox was doing what he thought to be the right thing but it could have been premature I don't really know. If there was no directly asking for votes and this was what Will normally did (advertising the contest) than I would have to say a warning if that was all that was needed. I don't know Will all that well, but sense he has integrity and would not intentionally break the very rules he has been enforcing till now in hopes of gaining a few more votes... Therefore, this Judge feels that Will should be back into the running somehow. I think the voting needs to be started over now and ran for the remaining days of this month... any of the contestants have a problem with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
I'd request a contestant NEVER be removed from a poll again without consulting the judges. Close the thread and have a VOTE amongst the judges - highlighting what rules have been broken, with links and supporting evidence as to why the contestant should be disqualified. You can reopen the thread once the issue has been resolved based on a VOTE by the JUDGES.
my 0.02.
X2
Idaho-Jeep is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Tags
contest , february , tj of the month , tjotm , vote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.