Fan problem/wiring - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fan problem/wiring

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
boatertim221
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Fan problem/wiring

1999 Wrangler with the usual heat melting the platic connectors. I got a new connector, replaced and wonder if I have the wiring wrong even though I double checked. Can anyone tell me the order from the top down for the 3 wires on the connector. It has purple, green and black. Thanks for the help.

boatertim221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 07:10 AM   #2
boatertim221
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Update/further info. The Defrost began not working several weeks ago. all other selections worked just not full defrost. Last Sunday the fan began to not work. Pulled everything apart and the dreaded burnt wire/connectors. I replaced (hopefully have wires in correct position) and now when I turn Jeep on, the fan runs on what appears to be slow speed but the fan switch is in position 4. No other positions appear to give off any air. Any ideas where I should go next? The resistor?
boatertim221 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.