Factory Warranty info? Top info? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Factory Warranty info? Top info?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 06-27-2004, 06:18 AM   #1
BlueRidgeRunner

Factory Warranty info? Top info?

Hello folks! Look like a great board here! I am in the consideration phase of purchasing a 2001 Wrangler with about 45k miles on it. I am curious what the factory warranty was on a 2001 model. Did it have 7/70 and 3/36 as the 2004s have? I am also wondering how difficult the hard tops are to remove for weekend usage. This Jeep does not have a soft top but since my wife will be the primary driver the hard top is preferred. Thanks in advance for the responses.

[url=http://community.webshots.com/user/in2atvn]My Pictures[/url]
BlueRidgeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2004, 06:53 AM   #2
kire

BlueRidgeRunner,

I have an 04 Wrangler X with a hard top. All I have to do is undo the pop the window fasteners, take out the 6 bolts and my wife and I just lift the top off. The top isn't heavy, just awkward to move around.
kire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2004, 07:11 AM   #3
BlueRidgeRunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kire
BlueRidgeRunner,

I have an 04 Wrangler X with a hard top. All I have to do is undo the pop the window fasteners, take out the 6 bolts and my wife and I just lift the top off. The top isn't heavy, just awkward to move around.

After removal have you noticed any leaks after reinstalling it. Does the top have a good weatherstrip that is reusable? Thanks!
[url=http://community.webshots.com/user/in2atvn]My Pictures[/url]
BlueRidgeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2004, 04:02 PM   #4
TMJeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have the dual top which is having the hard top and the soft top but anyways I take my hard top off when it gets warm and put the soft top on then put hard top on when it gets cold
I hve had in on and off about 6 or 7 timesand have had no problem with it leaking with the original seal on the hard top
TMJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2004, 04:16 PM   #5
kire

No problems with it at all, as long as you remember to set your top down on the supports and not place it on the back and slide it forward. Always check the the seals around the windows and corners before and after you put the top back on to make sure nothing gets pushed out of position. I only have 1 right now, so I am always taking mine off and on. I am hoping doing this alot will help win my case with the wife as to why I need a couple of soft tops to choose from.
kire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2004, 04:52 PM   #6
Dragonmaster

On the warranty, I think the warranty started like that in 2002. Call the warranty number in your users manual (if you have one) they should be able to tell you.
Work 2 Live, Live 2 Play, Play = JEEP
Dragonmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.