Extended front sway bar links - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Extended front sway bar links

Jeep Tweaks at JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 09-03-2005, 06:36 PM   #1
newbomb

2014 JK Wrangler 

Extended front sway bar links

I have a 3" lift and the factory sway bar links on the front end. Are these too short? It seems the sway bar is angling down and has a lot of tension. What is the correct angle for the sway bar? Thanks.

33x12.50 BFGs on MT classic II's
Flowmaster 50 Delta Flow
Rusty's Airtube w/ K&N filter
Sirius Satellite Radio
Stebel 139dB Air Horn

------------------------------------------
1989 Blue YJ w/ TJ Body
2" BL
31x10.50 LTXs
Cab Top
newbomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2005, 06:41 PM   #2
unrefined

I "think" its 5 to 10 degrees above level. And optimal is 7 1/2. I could very well be wrong on the numbers but as you look at the sway bar end it should be angled upward front to back. Meaning the end(link attach point) is higher than the sway bar itself.
[color=blue]Air Force Jeep Club Member #10[/color]
unrefined is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2005, 06:44 PM   #3
TJ on the Rocks

X2 , it is 10 degrees above level .
[SIZE="4"][/URL][/B][COLOR="Red"][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][URL="http://www.stickylee.com/catalog/index.php"]www.stickylee.com[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER][/SIZE]
TJ on the Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2005, 08:59 PM   #4
newbomb

2014 JK Wrangler 

I've looked everywhere and cant find extended links. They are either part of a kit or discos. I'd rather not spend the money for the discos since I dont need them. Has anyone purchased the links for a 3" lift separately?
33x12.50 BFGs on MT classic II's
Flowmaster 50 Delta Flow
Rusty's Airtube w/ K&N filter
Sirius Satellite Radio
Stebel 139dB Air Horn

------------------------------------------
1989 Blue YJ w/ TJ Body
2" BL
31x10.50 LTXs
Cab Top
newbomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2005, 09:08 PM   #5
btolle

With JKS quick disconnects optimal is 10 degrees for a TJ per the instructions at http://www.jksmfg.com/db/quicker_disconnects/ that is, the rear of the swaybar should be higher than the front by 10 degrees.

I don't know of any links that are longer except quick disconnects. You might try measuring the links on a Grand Cherokee and see if they are longer, if so you could get them from a junkyard.

Bill Tolle
05 Rubicon
04 Liberty

If you love offroading and want the trails to stay open please join Blueribbon Coalition.
"Preserving our natural resources FOR the public instead of FROM the public"
http://sharetrails.org/
btolle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2005, 09:10 PM   #6
trailboss
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I put a 2" lift on my 98, and within a month the factory link on the drivers side broke....coincidence? I dunno....

Replaced them with Teraflex quick disco's and no regrets.

An educated, armed populace cannot be enslaved.
trailboss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.