Exhaust Pipe Size - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Exhaust Pipe Size

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 02-26-2009, 04:20 PM   #1
SupermanTJ

Exhaust Pipe Size

I used to have a 98 Ford F-150 Dual exhaust dual flowmasters with 3.50'' exhaust pipe and man...did that sound amazing. Now i have a shy 2001 Jeep TJ and i'm planning on getting a Flowmaster Super 40 series but i'm not sure how big exhaust pipe i can go without it affecting the engine. The guy at the muffler shop told me 2.00'' will be plenty big, but i've read 2.25 will work...even 2.50'' will work so can i get a lil help?? thanks

p.s. i'm looking for some good quality sound, i know nothing will match my ford V8 but the closer i get the happier i am

SupermanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #2
peeweeXJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Stock is 2.25". You don't want any smaller than that. I would personally go 2.5".

I removed my cat, and welded the 2.25" Super 40 in with an extension to make up for the shorter length.

It is not that loud to me. It is nice, but not too loud. It is louder than the aftermarket cat-backs I have heard. You may be a little disappointed if you get 2.25". I can barely hear mine on the highway with the hardtop on.

I had no cats on my XJ with a FM Delta 40 2.25" and it sounded mean.

To know what you like, you'll have to listen to Jeeps in real life. Videos do no justice.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.