Exhaust Manifold Installed... Some issues... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Exhaust Manifold Installed... Some issues...

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 11-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
Altonymous
Ol' Beard

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Exhaust Manifold Installed... Some issues...

Swapped my exhaust manifold today because my old one was cracked.

Problem 1
Well I followed the guide that suggested pulling the fuel line... So I did so. Now I see bubbles coming up from a couple of the injectors when the engine is running. Does this mean I didn't seat them all correctly? If so any tips on how I can get them to seat correctly?

Problem 2
I disconnected the negative battery terminal. Now when the car is on the battery gauge reads like the battery is dead. After it ran for a bit it came back up to normal, but quickly went back to dead again? Did I loosen a wire somewhere I'm not seeing?

Problem 3
The belt is squeaking VERY loudly.. But only when I throttle up. Otherwise it's quiet as a mouse. Is it likely I over tightened or under tightened it? It appears to be coming for the alternator side.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Altonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
JStMarie
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Problem 1 - Did you make sure when you removed the fuel rail that all of the o-rings remained in place? Pull the fuel rail and make sure each injector tip and seat has an o-ring and they are in good condition. Replace if necessary.

Problem 2 - Weird. Haven't seen this one. Best I can say is remove the neg cable again and clean it and the post thoroughly and re-attach.

Problem 3 - Make sure the belt is seated correctly. When you press on the belt with mild pressure it should only deflect a 1/2 inch or so. If it deflects more, tighten it. If doesn't deflect then it's probably a bit tight.

Good luck.
JStMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
Altonymous
Ol' Beard

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the response. I did make sure the o-rings were there. I cleaned them a bit but I didn't remove them to clean them well. I'm tempted to just get some new ones and put them in. I'm really concerned I didn't seat them correctly on the intake side. It was pretty hard to get out, and I couldn't really press it down because the bolts notches blocked me and I did t want to twist them.
Unread 11-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altonymous View Post
Thanks for the response. I did make sure the o-rings were there. I cleaned them a bit but I didn't remove them to clean them well.
Replace them and clean the battery terminals...
Unread 11-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #5
Jeepster83
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Check the charge-back wire from the alternator to the positive post on the battery. A loose connection at the alternator will make the volt gauge either move erratically or not move at all.

On the injector o-rings it's cheap to replace them but a film of engine oil on them before you install the injectors will help them slip into place easily and help create a good seal. Also be sure the holes for the injectors in the intake are clear of debris.
WyoTech West Sacramento - Graduated 8/19/2011

Back into my Jeep... finally.
Jeepster83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #6
Altonymous
Ol' Beard

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Swapped the o-rings.
Tightened the battery cable.
Replaced the belt.

Good. Good. Good.

She's running great!

Thanks all for the quick responses and help.

Now I am just crossing my fingers that the radiator leak I fixed by tightening a host was all it was... I poured a crap load of coolant into it just kept soaking it up. I am worried it is leaking somewhere I can't see a drip like the engine. The reservoir seems to be holding now finally. Fingers crossed!
Unread 11-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #7
JStMarie
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Glad it worked out.
JStMarie is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.