Exhaust hitting passenger side upper control arm mount - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Exhaust hitting passenger side upper control arm mount

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 08-02-2010, 04:00 PM   #16
05RedRME
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Blaine, just got back from the muffler shop and your idea did the trick. And you really can't tell its been modified unless you know to look for it. Thanks again sir.

05RedRME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #17
Necko2529
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hello. I decided to bump this old thread instead of starting a new one.

I installed rokmen tt and had the same problem the OP had and decided to mod the 3rd cat hanger/trans mount (NV3550) to stop the rattling.

Now here's the problem. First thing i did was support/slightly lift the trans and then took some measurements and ended up cutting out an inch out of the mount/bracket. After welding it back together i had to force the mount with the exhaust hooked to it to slide underneath the trans mount to get it to bolt back up. After putting the skid plate back on i realized i screwed up the measurements and now mu muffler is riding on the back lip of the skid. I also worry about the tension i created on the exhaust after forcefully pulling it down to bolt the hanger to the transmission...

What are my options here? I would hate to cut the bracket once again to make it longer, afraid of that many welds eventually cracking and breaking...

Anybody can take advice if it doesn't interfere with their plan.

[B]RIP "Prescott 19"[/B] Prescott Fire Department
Necko2529 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.