Exhaust compatability question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Exhaust compatability question

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 11-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
WillysMTB
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Exhaust compatability question

I found a great deal on an aftermarket exhaust from banks that came off of a 1998 Wrangler. I have a 2004. Will there be any compatability issues upon installing? It is slightly used so I am assuming all hardware is still intact.

WillysMTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #2
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysMTB View Post
I found a great deal on an aftermarket exhaust from banks that came off of a 1998 Wrangler. I have a 2004. Will there be any compatability issues upon installing? It is slightly used so I am assuming all hardware is still intact.
Yes.

Fill in your profile...
Unread 11-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysMTB View Post
cat-back only? if yes, then it'll fit.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #4
WillysMTB
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, cat back only. The reason for asking is that on quadratec or other sites it is listed for 97-99, 00-03, & 04-06. I wasn't sure what the differences were.
Unread 11-17-2012, 01:12 AM   #5
Neil F.
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Older have a slip fit connection to the outlet of the cat and the newer have a bolt together flange. I'm not sure what year they changed. You would have to cut off the flange and get a piece to slip over the ends to put them together.
Neil F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #6
WillysMTB
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Do they make a bolt together flange to slip onto the exhaust? This way I would be able to return it to factory if needed.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.