Exhaust compatability question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Exhaust compatability question

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 11-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #1
WillysMTB
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Exhaust compatability question

I found a great deal on an aftermarket exhaust from banks that came off of a 1998 Wrangler. I have a 2004. Will there be any compatability issues upon installing? It is slightly used so I am assuming all hardware is still intact.

WillysMTB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysMTB View Post
I found a great deal on an aftermarket exhaust from banks that came off of a 1998 Wrangler. I have a 2004. Will there be any compatability issues upon installing? It is slightly used so I am assuming all hardware is still intact.
Yes.

Fill in your profile...
Unread 11-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #3
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysMTB View Post
cat-back only? if yes, then it'll fit.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #4
WillysMTB
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, cat back only. The reason for asking is that on quadratec or other sites it is listed for 97-99, 00-03, & 04-06. I wasn't sure what the differences were.
Unread 11-17-2012, 02:12 AM   #5
Neil F.
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Older have a slip fit connection to the outlet of the cat and the newer have a bolt together flange. I'm not sure what year they changed. You would have to cut off the flange and get a piece to slip over the ends to put them together.
Neil F. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #6
WillysMTB
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Do they make a bolt together flange to slip onto the exhaust? This way I would be able to return it to factory if needed.

Tags
banks exhaust , exhaust , muffler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.