exhaust - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > exhaust

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-25-2014, 06:05 AM   #1
JeepABP
1999 TJ Wrangler 

exhaust

Need help deciding on a exhaust system from manifold back. I am not that well knowledge on exhaust systems. I was looking at JBA headers but don't seem to be able to find JBA parts for the rest of the system. does it matter if the exhaust system is mixed brands? if i had mixed brands is there certain systems that don't work with each other due to sizes... I am trying to achieve more power/performance out of this project. I have a 99 jeep wrangler sport I6. and one last question, does intake system make a difference on what exhaust i get? If you can help forum that would help a lot, thanks

JeepABP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2014, 06:40 AM   #2
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I replaced the entire system on my 98'.I used the cheapo Ebay manifold with expansion joints,Magnaflow Cat with downpipe,Flowmaster 40 muffler and tailpipe.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2014, 08:49 AM   #3
robncar
We're BACK!!!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
I replaced the entire system on my 98'.I used the cheapo Ebay manifold with expansion joints,Magnaflow Cat with downpipe,Flowmaster 40 muffler and tailpipe.
Yep, I suggest working with a local shop and fabricating what you want. I have heard the setup suggested above, on a buddy's rig, and it's rather "throaty", which I liked. But, he added some dynamat style stuff to reduce the drone the 40 put out at certain RPM's in the cab. When installing our tri-link, I found a guy that did a nice hand-bent SS exhaust that fit the tri-link for about $250... not too bad.
|_____|
(O|||||||O)
|______|

[]====o=[]

RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #430
robncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2014, 10:17 AM   #4
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robncar View Post
Yep, I suggest working with a local shop and fabricating what you want. I have heard the setup suggested above, on a buddy's rig, and it's rather "throaty", which I liked. But, he added some dynamat style stuff to reduce the drone the 40 put out at certain RPM's in the cab. When installing our tri-link, I found a guy that did a nice hand-bent SS exhaust that fit the tri-link for about $250... not too bad.
The Delta 40 muffler is much more quiet than the Super 40 Flowmaster.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.