Engine Trouble... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Engine Trouble...

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-19-2006, 01:12 PM   #1
joker2041
1996 ZJ 

Engine Trouble...

So i was driving down the highway, at about 70-75 mph and my jeep started to have a slight stutter or miss every 5-15 seconds..The check engine light then came on so i took it by my buddies shop and it threw a code for the Throttle positioning sensor. He then cleared it and said to wait and see if it does anything else. Well that was yesterday and i have drove about 50 highway miles and its ran perfect. Does anyone know anything about what might have caused it to act up? Or is that a sensor that tends to go bad on the jeeps? mine is a 2000 4.0. Thanks for any help

joker2041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2006, 02:03 PM   #2
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

the TPS is is a very common problem, start saving there not cheap

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2006, 02:06 PM   #3
BCwrangler
Long time Jeep fan

Like the terminator, It'll be back
BCwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2006, 07:55 PM   #4
joker2041
1996 ZJ 

I found a TPS at autozone for only 41.00 bucks that doesn't sound to high to me.....
joker2041 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.