Engine and TC plates - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Engine and TC plates

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-07-2005, 07:14 PM   #1
jeeperslax

Engine and TC plates

I'm almost done with my SYE and CV installation and was thinnking that next on my list would be a new belly up TC skid plate and engine skid plate. I have heard good things about the combination of tera's belly up skid plate along with skid rows engine plate. Does anyone run this set-up. Does anyone know if this is a good set-up or are there better or perhaps cheapers ones. Thanks a bunch...

jeeperslax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2005, 10:39 AM   #2
jeeperslax

Could I maybe run this set-up with a different belly up skid plate... perhaps???
jeeperslax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2005, 11:24 AM   #3
U.S.MarineLJ

I don't know about Teras but I'm running a Nth Degree skid, it is great but kind of pricey. If your in the market for a skid row engine skid let me know, I have one for sale. It is scratched and dinged but nothing major. I took it off because I went with the Nth Degree TT and didn't want to fab anything to make it fit so I just put the Nth Degree Tranny & Oil skid on. I'm located in San Diego 92128 if you wanted to calculate the cost of shipping. If your interested PM me.

[URL=http://www.jeepreviews.com]JeepReviews.com[/URL]

Awesome site with writeups. [url]http://www.4x4xplor.com/tj.html[/url]

Another awesome site for writeups.

[url]www.stu-offroad.com[/url]
U.S.MarineLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2005, 02:56 PM   #4
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm running a Go-Fer-It skid plate. Got it at DC4WD.com for $190 which I think is $150 less than the Teraflex, right?

Very simple skid plate but it works. If I were rock crawling I might consider a heavier duty unit but for general trail wheel'n it's perfect. Click the link above to see how I installed it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.