Engine stalling, No check engine light - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Engine stalling, No check engine light

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Un

Unread 09-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
gpdaddyo1
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Engine stalling, No check engine light

97' 4.0, Wrangler. Engine stalls sometimes after 30 miles, sometimes after 200ft. No check engine light. Change fuel pump and filters, pickup in distributor, rotor. Doesn't always start right back up, usually does after it sits. Looking for ideas!!

gpdaddyo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #2
Juswojo
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I had the same issue with my 95. check the connector coming in to the Ignition Coil. My connector was bad causing random connection breaks with the pins in the IC. Replaced the connector and now it runs great. While the engine is running wiggle the wires and move the connector a bit to test. Hope this helps.
Juswojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.