engine is misfiring I think... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > engine is misfiring I think...

Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped OSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Building a Bumper?

Unread 10-10-2003, 12:39 AM   #1
jackal

engine is misfiring I think...

I was on my way to tuscaloosa...and my engine started like jumping...it felt like it was running out of fuel...or not firing or something. I had a 93 YJ before and it sounded like the same thing that happend with the YJ...clogged catalytic converter...so i pulled off the next exit and went to the local muffler shop...and just told them to cut the cat...and weld a pipe..because i didn't have enough money to buy a cat. Alabama doesn't have emmission laws. = ) . Anyway...It was fine until about 80-100 miles later...and it started doing it again...so i have come to the conclusion...it is either (A)engine misfiring (B) spark plugs bad (C) computer in jeep is screwed up. (D) fuel injectors screwed up. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem before...and wondered what hte problem is...

If it happens...I usually let off...and if i pull over and shut off the engine and turn it back on...it'll run fine again. I have no idea what is going on. Thanks.

JackaL

Poweraide Throttle Body Spacer,
BanksPower Stinger CAT-BACK,
Advanced Adapters SYE kit
Krylon Fusion Flares!
Skyjacker Dual Steering-Stabilizer
R.E. 5.5" Long-arm Coils
1" Body Lift,
37" MT/Rs on 15"x10" wheels
[B][I]If they ain't singin'...they ain't slingin'!![/I][/B]
$1000 sound system inside!
jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2003, 01:01 AM   #2
DLoweinc

I have no idea but I'm sure someone will get some info to ya..

I'd try the sparkplugs if you haven't changed them in a while because it's something you'll have to do anyways and is pretty cheap.

If you've been in the mud lately you may have clogged your throttle body... happened to my friends ZJ.

Good luck with it

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.