I've been having some crazy electrical issues with my 98 Wrangler (4 cyl). Not sure if they are all connected or if the sky is falling.
1) Headlights will only turn on after the Jeep has warmed up. Parking lights will turn on but lamps won't. Also the interior light will turn if I twist the pull.
2) Some times all the gauges will "die". If I slap the dash they will turn back on.
3) My wife says that sometimes the wipers won't turn on. I have never experienced that problem.
4) The radio is on and I can change the channels, turn volume up, etc but no sound is coming out of the speakers. I checked the overhead speakers and the connection seems to be fine. I took the radio out and everything looked ok.
I just put a brand new alternator in it and it still hasn't fixed any of the problems.
Any and all help are appreciated
Radio issue has been resolved.
Still having issues with the headlights!
I would find the dash ground and inspect it. I had many of the same problems and many more and all it was was the dash ground under the dash down by my knees was a little rusty dirty. Once cleaned all of my lights worked and my gauges stopped acting crazy, etc. Give it a check its usually under the knee protector areas of the dash. Good Luck,
1) Does jiggling the switch help any with the headlight issue? How do the headlight grounds look in the engine bay? Have you checked to see if you're getting power to the headlight sockets?
2) It's a known common problem caused by a poor connection at the instrument cluster. Pull the dash trim at the base of the windshield and the surround from around the cluster, pull the cluster itself, disconnect the electrical plugs then slightly twist each of the contact pins in the cluster so they'll make better contact when you reconnect the plugs.
|The time now is 09:53 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.