electric interference - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > electric interference

Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 03-01-2007, 02:47 PM   #1
rinterr

electric interference

i have two tens wired in the back of my tj and i noticed an odd high pitched buzz coming from them today when they have power but the music is turned all the way down. my guess is some sort of interference from the engine, but i was wondering if its the power cable or the RCAs that would recieve the interference. Thanks for the help.

Unread 03-01-2007, 02:58 PM   #2
TheFredElement

How is it grounded? Always make sure you use a clean ground. It can be the RCAs, I notice when routing RCAs behind the HVAC (and depending on their on/off position) sometimes they pick up some interference. If you're sure you have a clean ground and have no other way to run the RCAs you can pick up some GLI (ground loop isolaters). However re-routing the RCAs / clean ground - would be way cheaper.
TheFredElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #3
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Do you get it when you turn the key on without starting the engine and then it will stop after a few seconds?
mdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 03:18 PM   #4
Jackle
1999 TJ Wrangler 

you should also run your power wire on a seperate side of the vehicle as the RCA's....running them next to each other can cause interference
Jackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 03:56 PM   #5
yellowismellow
rubber duck sicko!

2006 TJ Wrangler 

run your power wires on one side, and the rca's on the other side. avoid the middle of the floorpan cuz that will cause a worse noise.
Unread 03-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #6
rinterr

well ive got my power on the drivers side and the RCAs running up the middle, i dont think its the ground, im using the bolt under the backseat, i think one of my RCAs is the problem, now that i think about it the noise started after i had to replace, ill go tomorrow and buy a better quality RCA and see if that fixes it
Unread 03-01-2007, 08:03 PM   #7
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinterr
well ive got my power on the drivers side and the RCAs running up the middle, i dont think its the ground, im using the bolt under the backseat, i think one of my RCAs is the problem, now that i think about it the noise started after i had to replace, ill go tomorrow and buy a better quality RCA and see if that fixes it
Route the RCAs on the passenger side and run it behind your dash to your headunit.

I have power on passenger side (saved me from running power across the firewall in the engine compartment), and have RCAs on driver's side. No issues at all with my 10" DVQ.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.